Making the Forum Great, Again (lol)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry M

Guru
Site Team
I knew that would get your attention. :angel:

As many of you know, Lena and I are in the middle of replacing the fuel tanks on our KK42, getting the engine rebuilt and all the fun things that go along with an engine room refit.

Sometimes a PM expressing thanks isn't enough. I want to publicly thank Mark (mbevins) for going above and beyond the call of duty to help out a fellow forum member. It may not have been a big deal to him, but he saved us lots of time and $$ (can you say GPO3?). Ditto to Captain Jack (Sailor of Fortune) for the use of his trailer to transport the tanks and engine. And the many others who have provided suggestions and moral support (I may not always follow those suggestions, but I do think about them, sometimes too much).

To think that I initially hesitated to even post this project before it was done (think armchair quarterbacks, backseat drivers – you know the potential). What a mistake that would have been. :facepalm: Now back to grinding more fiber glass.

"By the way, are there any TF members nearby Longboat Key?":popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Larry in that get-up and also thought, "Oh, that poor bastard! I wish I was there to do that for him!" In a way, living in all this CA sunshine is a curse! All we can do is look on from a distance, offering moral support and toasting his successes!

WTG, Larry! Keep up the great work! You're a better man than me. Cheers!! (insert IPA chug here)

"By the way, are there any TF members nearby Longboat Key?":popcorn:

Headed your way Jan & Feb. Looking for something to do. Got any boat projects I can help you screw up?

:eek:
I knew that would get your attention. :angel:

Sometimes a PM expressing thanks isn't enough. I want to publicly thank Mark (mbevins) for going above and beyond the call of duty to help out a fellow forum member. It may not have been a big deal to him, but he saved us lots of time and $$ (can you say GPO3?). Ditto to Captain Jack (Sailor of Fortune) for the use of his trailer to transport the tanks and engine. And the many others who have provided suggestions and moral support ......Now back to grinding more fiber glass.

Larry: Part of my response above was accidentally erased. Here it is:

It's all true, Larry. Yeah, I was just thinking that if you were somewhere nearby, I'd tear that sander out of your hands and go right to work on that fiberglass in your stead, saving you from the heat and dust of that miserable labor. But alas, you are there and I am here. Of course, any TF member would do the same for a Forum Fellow with a challenging project.

So that's why I ask: Any members in the area of Longboat Key with a contamination suit and a disc sander?:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom