Magnetic free Monitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Pairadice
Vessel Make
Sold Selene 47
Need help locating a magnetic free Monitor to replace the TV we were using in the Pilot House. This TV is primarily used to plug the IPAD into for navigation. By having a 20 Inch monitor it allows us to sit back and enjoy the trip while viewing the course on a fairly large screen. Unfortunately, the tv generates a magnetic field that effects both the compass and the auto-pilot and not in a good way. After removing the monitor everything was tested and worked as it should.
Now I'm on a mission to find a replacement monitor approx. 20 inch, that won't effect the other systems onboard.
Anyone have a suggestion?

What about some type of grounded wire mesh or screen that would reduce the magnetic transmission. I was thinking of aluminum foil but that might make it get too hot.

Mike,
We tried the aluminum foil behind the monitor, it made it worse. Then we tried wrapping the monitor in foil and it did help a bit but not very appealing, let alone impossible to see the monitor.
Thanks for the idea though.

How about a backlit LED screen? I know they are not affected by magnets, not sure if they would cause interference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom