Magic goes North

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hmason

Guru
Vessel Name
Lucky Lucky
Vessel Make
Pacific Mariner 65
Preparing to leave Stuart, FL on Sunday. Step one is painting the bottom. Don't know why the photo is sideways. Seems to happen all the time to my photo posts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 90
Happens with me also . I always have to edit pic first , rotate 90 degrees and save , then rotate back to original and save again before posting . Probably don't have to go thru all that but that's the only way I can make it work.

Marty, glad it's not just me. Maybe the mods who know about these things can find a fix.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1429562296.861402.jpg

I saved it to my iPhone and rotated it in my editing options then reposted it here. Perhaps one of our techie members know the reason for the rotated view in the first place but sounds as though Marty found a good work around for it.

Thanks Craig, I hope I never find myself onboard in that position. Looks so much better now. Howard

Today we begin bottom painting using Hydrocoat Eco.

We are also experimenting with spray painting the running gear with Rustoleum Cold Galvanizing Compound. This comes in a 20 oz spray can and can be purchased in a hardware store for $8 a can. It contains 93% pure zinc. I'll be curious to see if it prevents growth and barnacles. Sure is cheaper than PropSpeed and is about a third the price of the Petit product that contains the same ingredients. Time will tell.

The pictures below show the running gear and an in-progress glass repair where we were hit by a boat trying to dock in front of us. They seem to have misjudged their approach and interrupted my reading of TF in the head! :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1842.jpg
    IMG_1842.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 83
  • FG Repair2.jpg
    FG Repair2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 89
Magic is back in the water. Heat exchangers, aftercoolers, and oil coolers are ready to be reinstalled after cleaning and painting. Note the aftercooler painted black. Should look cool against the white CATs.

We plan to start north from Sunset Bay Marina, Stuart, FL on Sunday. Destination is Westport, CT. Hail us if you see us.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 77
Magic is back in the water. Heat exchangers, aftercoolers, and oil coolers are ready to be reinstalled after cleaning and painting. Note the aftercooler painted black. Should look cool against the white CATs.

We plan to start north from Sunset Bay Marina, Stuart, FL on Sunday. Destination is Westport, CT. Hail us if you see us.

Hope you're planning a very slow trip north as it is 49 degrees at the moment in Westport. Only a 30 degree drop along your way.

Definitely a slow trip. Magic has a habit of making my $$$ disappear when I go fast. Can't have that now can we?

Interesting tip on the prop paint, please report on the results later in the season, safe passage!

Magic left Stuart,FL this afternoon looking all spiffy; waxed and varnished, bottom painted and engines brought up to spec. She also has a new crane motor, replaced the crane cable with Spectra, added a Garmin wireless remote for the A/P. We arrived at the Vero Beach Municipal Marina, picked up a mooring and settled down for dinner.

The Admiral prepared pasta, sausage peppers and onions, and a couple of shots of Maker's Mark. How can you beat this! You get to drive a boat and food comes out of the galley. I realized today that I do not have a bucket list (well, maybe a Fleming).

Hail us if you see us. Howard and Jackie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom