Old 12-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #1
City: Rye, NH
Vessel Name: Navigator
Vessel Model: Island Gypsy/Europa 36
Lurking member, now with trawler

Hi all. Last July I purchased a 36í Island Gypsy Europa. During the buying process I asked a few TF members (IG owners) for input and got some great help. Thanks to all - great forum.

Iíve been looking through old posts on IGs and Halvorsens and found some references to my boat. Her name is ďNavigator ď (I kept the name), she was built in 1998, hull number 141 and is powered by a single Cummins 330 hp (really 315) turbocharged and aftercooled diesel. Previous owners, I am the third, did a great job of keeping her in great shape and outfitted her with some great equipment. Cruise RO water maker, 300 watts of solar panels, 880 ah of AGM batteries, great ground tackle, to name some.

We keep her moored in Pepperell Cove in Kittery Point, Maine and cruised her a little in Casco Bay Maine last summer. We didnít get to cruise her too much, never made Downeas Maine our usual cruising area, because of some health issues. Our cruising plans for summer of 2018 include the Erie, Trent Severn and Rideau canals. Next fall we plan to take her down the ICW to Florida and cruise SW FL for the winter and head to Bahamas in the early spring (unless some other joint fails or another body part disintegrates).

Looking forward to meeting with many TFers, Loopers, etc. along the way.

captcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Cannot wait to cross your path on the Ottawa river past the Rideau! If one day you spot me first say honk honk

Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #3
City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet steadysailer
Congrats! Any pics of the new boat?
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote