Looking for surveyor - NE Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick F

Guru
Vessel Name
Callisto
Vessel Make
1974 Grand Banks 42 Classic, Hull 433
Hi all - I am looking for a purchaser's surveyor in the Jacksonville - Daytona area.

I particularly need someone to work with me to evaluate hull/decks/superstructure condition on an older fiberglass boat with water ingress damage into the wooden reinforcements.

Ideally, I would like someone who would do a partial survey on this basis before proceeding with a full survey because a sale just fell through for defects of this nature, so this may be a deal breaker for me too.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Nick

Bill gladding jacksonville, credentialed rofessional great work at it for many years.

I used Jack Allinson who is a steel boat expert. Although not cheap he was very thorough and had a bag of tricks like infra red, electric outlet analysers and sonic sensors for hull thickness testing that was impressive. I recommend him highly.

Jack lives on a large trawler at Ortega River Marina where I am now located.

I'll second Bill Gladding. I asked here for recommendations a few weeks back and his name came up several times. I contracted with Bill to do a pre-purchase survey on our new boat and I couldn't be happier with the entire transaction. Bill was up front and on time and kept me informed throughout the entire process. Very detail oriented to the point where the seller asked me for Bill's contact info so he might be able to use him for a purchase.

Yes, when factoring in the extra travel costs that I paid because my survey location was outside Bill's normal area, he was a bit more expensive than the local guy I had used a couple of times previously, but I am 100% happy with the entire survey process and am confident that I got my money's worth. I would not hesitate to recommend Bill to anyone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom