Looking for lost boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wynn

Hi all,

im currently trying to track down 2 trawler boats that used to operate out of conwy, wales. Im trying to track them down on behalf of my father in law they used to belong to his father and uncles.
If any one could point in the right direction on the best way to track them down that would be great.
The only information i have is the names
Glenmore BS24 & Silver Star BS42.
Any suggestions would be a great help.
Also if any one could reccomend anywhere i can get my hands on replica trawler models aswell.

Thank you for any help you can give me!

A clueless son in law!

I think it would be difficult with that limited amount of information, maybe ask around the Conwy docks maybe with the boat names and the names of your relatives you might find someone who knows about the boats.
Good luck with your search!

There is a name listed on that site that may know more as well. He brings up one of the boat names. It's an old post, so best of luck.

Were they stolen? Or is this a sentimental search for the boats of their younger days?

Here in the US there is a system to look up 'vessel by name'. But it is only valid since the database was installed on computers (1990 or so).

And this is only for US registered vessels. I say this so you could look there to see if there is a similar govt agency to investigate.

How old were these boats? And we're they UK registered?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom