Looking for a canvas person in Stuart, Fl.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachbum29

Guru
My boat is currently on the hard in Stuart getting work done before we bring it back up to Ponce Inlet.

The eisenglass on the flybridge is old and needs to be replaced.

Anyone know of a good canvas person in the area who does nice work, affordable and trustworthy?

Thanks

My boat is currently on the hard in Stuart getting work done before we bring it back up to Ponce Inlet.

The eisenglass on the flybridge is old and needs to be replaced.

Anyone know of a good canvas person in the area who does nice work, affordable and trustworthy?

Thanks

There should be some right there in Stuart. I have had Sunnyland Canvas in Ft. Pierce do some work for me. No complaints. They are located right in the Whiticar Yard at Harbor Town.

There should be some right there in Stuart. I have had Sunnyland Canvas in Ft. Pierce do some work for me. No complaints. They are located right in the Whiticar Yard at Harbor Town.

There's a shop next to the yard where the boat is but I don't want to get into a situation where splashing the boat is held up because the work isn't completed.

Can you give me the contact info on sunnyland?

There's a shop next to the yard where the boat is but I don't want to get into a situation where splashing the boat is held up because the work isn't completed.

Can you give me the contact info on sunnyland?

1945 Harbortown Dr Fort Pierce, FL 34946
(772) 489-4850

I'M also in Stuart getting work done. Good luck getting something in a hurry. For some reason, the industry has stayed very busy this year, even with so many cruisers headed north for the season. Anyway, I just had a pulpit cover done by G & G Canvas (Gloria). Good job, fairly reasonable, but busy people. 772-283-1530

The most knowledgeable person I've come across is Janelle at Atlantic Canvas. She can give you an education in what's possible with whatever material for whatever project. Very earthy, no bullcrap, but quotes a bit more than the average. Make sure you ask how long, because a lot of people know that and use her. 772-708-7612
She may be able to tell you who can do the job "now". Just be honest.

Good luck.

If I can't get it done while it's there, I have a guy up here who did a bimini for me on our old boat & he did a nice job.

If I can't get it done while it's there, I have a guy up here who did a bimini for me on our old boat & he did a nice job.

Ya know, assuming you are talking about the boat in your Avitar, that fly-bridge canvas is really an important part of the looks and appeal of your boat. You'd be ahead to go with someone you already know and trust (and could hold accountable), cuz a less than satisfactory job on that style of canvas would be a darned shame. When do you plan to splash?

Ya know, assuming you are talking about the boat in your Avitar, that fly-bridge canvas is really an important part of the looks and appeal of your boat. You'd be ahead to go with someone you already know and trust (and could hold accountable), cuz a less than satisfactory job on that style of canvas would be a darned shame. When do you plan to splash?

Yea, that's the one. It will look slightly different when it's completed, the hull will be Caribbean Blue.

Hopefully no later than 2 weeks.

Getting the canvas done is a last minute idea as winds blew out one eisenglass panel.

Last edited:
After thinking about it, I'm going to wait until I get it home. There's just not enough time.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom