Old 12-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #1
Guru

City: Huntersville NC
Vessel Name: Abeona
Vessel Model: Marine Trader 47’ Sundeck
Looking for a boat for the lake...

Hey guys. We have a 31’ Mainship on the east coast that we absolutely love. And we have a little bow rider on our lake that we’ve had for nearly 10 years. It’s a great boat, but we really want something we can overnight on.

We have one 3yr old and another one in the oven. We need something that will allow us to enjoy the lake much more than we can now. We mostly find a quiet cove, throw the anchor, and swim. But having something that will allow us to get out of the heat and then spend the night would be amazing.

Our little bowrider is worth about $8k. I don’t want to spend much more than that.

We’d like something in the 30’s foot range.
Twin gas engines (no diesel on our lake and we need the maneuverability of two engines)
Generator
Heat/ac
Bridge clearance less than 11’.

Just to give you an idea...there’s a lot of similar boats to this. Something like this would be just about perfect. Although it might be too tall to get under the bridge. This boat is just an example. M

Used 1979 Trojan F-36 Tri-cabin, Harrison Township, Mi - 48045 - BoatTrader.com

Anyway, I just wanted to see if you guys know of a make and model of a boat that we should look at. Right now we are just looking at boats for sale. I thought I’d ask you guys since so many people have been around these types of boats for so long.

Thanks guys!
Steve
Steve91T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #2
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Maybe some old chris craft looking similar to this, there are a lot for sale.

L
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Ok, thinking you're going to have to stretch the price range. But a couple of ideas if you don't find the Mainship type or Sea Ray cruiser or something in that range.

1-A runabout with a camper type enclosure and port-a-potty.
2-A pontoon boat with a top. Most don't have enclosures, but some do or you could make or get made a camping enclosure.
3-Maximize use by keeping boat at the marina closest to your house. 15 minutes from boat to bed or as near that as possible. I know you say trailering isn't a big deal but I still believe it gets in the way of maximum boating even for you. Before we lived on the lake, we'd often not leave it until it was completely dark, well after sunset. We'd relax on the boat a while back at the marina sometimes or very near it, before heading home.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:00 PM   #4
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I'd consider houseboats at that price range. Lots of space, twin gassers are common, all the comforts of home away from home.

Good luck with the hunt.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:13 PM   #5
Guru

City: Bayfield, WI
Vessel Name: Gopher Broke
Vessel Model: Silverton 410 Sport Bridge
I'm selling my 29' Regal which is great for the usage you outline. It's a single but it's an 8.1 - speed is no problem. The single gives you tremendous room in the engine compartment, and allows for the generator to power your AC and keep you topped off on overnights. We have had many great weekends on her. Sad to be selling.
BDofMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #6
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
I'd consider houseboats at that price range. Lots of space, twin gassers are common, all the comforts of home away from home.

Good luck with the hunt.
Don't see many houseboats there because of bridge clearance limiting them to part of the lake.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #7
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDofMSP View Post
I'm selling my 29' Regal which is great for the usage you outline. It's a single but it's an 8.1 - speed is no problem. The single gives you tremendous room in the engine compartment, and allows for the generator to power your AC and keep you topped off on overnights. We have had many great weekends on her. Sad to be selling.
Delivered to NC for $8000-10000 total cost? Something tells me not.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:56 AM   #8
Guru

City: Sharon, Ma
Vessel Name: Slow Lane
Vessel Model: 2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
Something like this may fit the bill. The bridge enclosure can easily be folded down.

1986 Sea Ray 30 Sedan Bridge Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
South of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote