Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #1
Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,274
A little boat visit video...

My wife makes videos of events in our lives. Today we visited our soon to be completed American Tug while our electronics guy was working on it inside the factory. Here is her little video...
Bruce

https://youtu.be/V0WRrcE0Inw
__________________
Advertisement

Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:15 AM   #2
omc
Senior Member
 
omc's Avatar
 
City: South
Country: France
Vessel Name: LUTIN
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42' Motor Yacht
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 481
Bruce, it looks like the video can't be loaded from YouTube.fr
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2757.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	63182  
__________________

__________________
Olivier
omc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:47 AM   #3
Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by omc View Post
Bruce, it looks like the video can't be loaded from YouTube.fr
Olivier,
You appear to be running into a YouTube music copyright issue...
It is common with video uploaded to YouTube when there is music involved.
Nothing that I know to get beyond this except to watch it from a computer while in a different country, sorry.
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member
 
City: Melbourne Beach
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Sweet Freedom
Vessel Model: Monk 36
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 32
What a gorgeous vessel. Absolutely beautiful
LuredAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:33 AM   #5
Guru
 
O C Diver's Avatar
 
City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in Crisfield, MD
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7,009
Very nice video! Is that open spot in the galley for the microwave? Noticed no zinc on the prop shaft. Are you bonding through the hull anode? Is that some type of line cutter just forward of the prop?

Ted
__________________
Blog: mvslowhand.com
I'm tired of fast moves, I've got a slow groove, on my mind.....
I want to spend some time, Not come and go in a heated rush.....
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:23 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
JustBob's Avatar
 
City: Bainbridge Island
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Mahalo
Vessel Model: 2018 Hampton Endurance 658
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 433
Looking wonderful! Just add water.
JustBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:39 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
kurt.reynolds's Avatar
 
City: Chesapeake, VA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Grace
Vessel Model: 1982 Grand Banks Motoryacht
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 119
You are a lucky man, to have a wife who is involved and to have such a beautiful boat!
kurt.reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:14 AM   #8
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,362
Wow! Really Nice Boat / Cool Video. Wife deserves big kiss!! You both deserve much boating!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:56 AM   #9
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 15,583
Bravo!
She's really smooth w the vid.
I love the hull and bottom color.
The mother of all props to be sure.
__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:57 AM   #10
Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by O C Diver View Post
Very nice video! Is that open spot in the galley for the microwave? Noticed no zinc on the prop shaft. Are you bonding through the hull anode? Is that some type of line cutter just forward of the prop?

Ted
The prop shaft does have a very interesting device that I suspect is manufactured by Tomco but I'm not certain... I will ask.
Yes that gnarly, toothy thing is the cutter they recommend. It appears as though it may work...I'm sure that in our home waters, we will find out.
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:05 AM   #11
Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBob View Post
Looking wonderful! Just add water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt.reynolds View Post
You are a lucky man, to have a wife who is involved and to have such a beautiful boat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Wow! Really Nice Boat / Cool Video. Wife deserves big kiss!! You both deserve much boating!
Thank you, I am lucky and I am very, very aware of that!
My wife is a boater, that is how I met her. She deserves and gets all of my respect and admiration...
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #12
Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Willy View Post
Bravo!
She's really smooth w the vid.
I love the hull and bottom color.
The mother of all props to be sure.
Every time I see the boat, that color makes me happy that we chose it. We felt that the design needed a color on the hull but were dead set against a dark color having owned a dark colored hull in the past. I think this is a great compromise.
We were a little unsure about the red bottom but we actually like it too.

Yes, that is the mother of all propellers. It is a Veem, Veemstar and the first time we ding it I am going to cry! The one thing that surprised me was that this beautiful 28" propeller costs about what our sailboats last folding propeller did!
I would have guessed the larger size was more expensive. Aparrently propellers are not sold by the pound...

Finally, there is a reason she is so smooth with the video. She has a DJI Osmo gyro stabilizer device that holds her iPhone when she uses it for video.
Obviously it works...
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:29 AM   #13
Guru
 
Russell Clifton's Avatar
 
City: Anacortes Wa.
Country: usa
Vessel Name: Sea Fever
Vessel Model: Defever 49 RPH
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 515
Really nice boat you guys. Great job with the video too. Can we expect more boating video's in the future?
Russell Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #14
Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Clifton View Post
Really nice boat you guys. Great job with the video too. Can we expect more boating video's in the future?
If history holds...yes! We have far too much of our lives out there online already, no reason to stop now!
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:39 AM   #15
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 94
Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by omc View Post
Bruce, it looks like the video can't be loaded from YouTube.fr
Olivier, and anyone who might not be able to access the video on YouTube, I have also posted it on Vimeo. Try this:



-Dorsey
Bruce B Wifey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:09 AM   #16
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
My wife makes videos of events in our lives. Today we visited our soon to be completed American Tug while our electronics guy was working on it inside the factory. Here is her little video...
Bruce

https://youtu.be/V0WRrcE0Inw
Hi Bruce

I've watched that vid at least three times with some back and forth... especially to view her bottom/prop/rudder/keel.

Please provide mfg stats regarding recommended cruise speed[s] as well as WOT speed.

TY!

Art
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #17
Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Hi Bruce

I've watched that vid at least three times with some back and forth... especially to view her bottom/prop/rudder/keel.

Please provide mfg stats regarding recommended cruise speed[s] as well as WOT speed.

TY!

Art
Art,

The best I can do is site a couple previous 395's data. Those boats both topped out at 21 to 22 knots with 5.9 liter 480 hp engines. Our boat will be the first delivered with the 480 hp 6.7 liter Cummins. I have no idea how the additional torque this engine makes will effect performance.

As for recommended cruise, I think that these hulls are quite nice in the 8 to 10 knot range from what we have seen when aboard. We wanted the higher output for those times when we wanted to get moving.
Extrapolating data from the 5.9 liter performance charts, it appears that the boat can run at about 17 knots when the engine is 300 to 400 rpm's below the redline.

Of course we will know more soon!
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:49 AM   #18
omc
Senior Member
 
omc's Avatar
 
City: South
Country: France
Vessel Name: LUTIN
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42' Motor Yacht
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B Wifey D View Post
Olivier, and anyone who might not be able to access the video on YouTube, I have also posted it on Vimeo. Try this:



-Dorsey
Dorsey & Bruce

Many thanks for your kindness, we apologize for the inconvenience!

Good job Dorsey, How very nice to visit by video your new yacht almost ready to splash, she is a great vessel which will bring you whole satisfaction and pleasure at sea, you both are very lucky. Thanks much for sharing the video.

Olivier and Pilou
omc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:07 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
bilge53's Avatar
 
City: Oriental, NC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: M/V Major Award
Vessel Model: Senator 35 w/single Lehman
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 423
Speechless. Beautiful!
__________________
It is not who is right...it is who is left.
bilge53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #20
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
Art,

The best I can do is site a couple previous 395's data. Those boats both topped out at 21 to 22 knots with 5.9 liter 480 hp engines. Our boat will be the first delivered with the 480 hp 6.7 liter Cummins. I have no idea how the additional torque this engine makes will effect performance.

As for recommended cruise, I think that these hulls are quite nice in the 8 to 10 knot range from what we have seen when aboard. We wanted the higher output for those times when we wanted to get moving.
Extrapolating data from the 5.9 liter performance charts, it appears that the boat can run at about 17 knots when the engine is 300 to 400 rpm's below the redline.

Of course we will know more soon!

Bruce
Thanks Bruce!
__________________

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012