Old 02-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
Guru

City: Whittier AK
Vessel Name: Apache II
Vessel Model: 1974 Donald Jones
The Level one

I have been searching a long time for a boat that I and the Admiral can use. My S.O. is confined to a wheel chair. So I have been looking for a boat that I can modify for handicapped use. In 1999 PMM did an artical on a boat by Sunnijford. Named Level One.* She is fully handicapped accessable.**
She is currently located in Portland. And Offered by Seward Yacht sales.

*I was wondering if anyone in the portland area has seen the boat and would care to comment on her.*

As I live in Alaska It is a little tought to drop by for a look see. There was a recient price reduction of $75k. The broker indicated the need for cosmetics as maintenance has been haphazard on the exterior. The builder implied the PO was not that great a boat handler and*there could be a few scuffs and dings. I don't know when the photos on yacht world were taken.
*Before I get to excited i thought I would post to this forum for a possible comment or two.**

SD
skipperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
RED

RE: The Level one

I have not seen the boat, but I know the broker personally. He had called me earlier when this came on the market since he knew that my wife was handicapped.

We previously had a pilothouse, which we both loved, but the narrow stairs up and down to the staterooms got to be too much for the wife, so we sold it and then acquired our current boat using this broker as our buyer's agent. I have made some modifications to our present boat to assist my wife in getting around, so we're getting along ok, and weren't looking for another.

If you're interested, I could probably arrange to look at the boat; we are in the Portland area.
RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
Guru

Cool dude,
That would be great. Just an objective critizism on first appearances. You know. Could it be worth taking a look at. He wants 275k.*

I do appreciat it. I am not asking for a survey just a second opinion. I just found out about it today so this is all new.

SD
Old 02-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
Guru

City: Cruising East Coast US
Vessel Name: Grace
Vessel Model: DeFever 48

There was a couple who cruised the east coast for years aboard a Krogen Whaleback. The wife was a dwarf and the husband a terrible nerve disease. The also had an elevator installed to the pilothouse. They cruised extensively for years. The wife sold the boat after the husbands death on the condition that the buyer had to be mobility disabled. She sold it in no time in a down market.
Daddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Guru

The Level one

Where *was I,
That is exactly what*I have been looking for.**
* I wonder how long this one has been on the market.
sd***** http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1998.../United-States

-- Edited by skipperdude on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 09:17:28 PM

-- Edited by skipperdude on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 09:22:59 PM