LEHMAN fuel system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Island15

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Little Missy
Vessel Make
CHB
I need advise Please!
I have a 34 CHB two tanks, fuel lines come out the tops of the tanks both have shutoffs. Fuel tees to a recor, then to an electric fuel pump out the pump to the engine filter. When it leave the canistor it has another tee, one to the simms the other returns to the starboard tank after picking up the fuel return from the engine.
Here is where the problem starts it only returns to one tank!
With both valve open it will list about 3 inches in a 3 hours run to starboard. So with no way no balance the fuel.
Yesterday after having a list to port because of closing valve to fix list to starboard I closed the starboard valve leaving the port open to balance, well I FORGOT to switch back and about 3 hour later about 300 yards before going through Deception pass the motor just stopped:eek: OUT OF FUEL port tank was bone dry. In three hour it pumped about 50 gals from one tank to the other.
Good thing about electric fuel pump I was able to get it started by just opening the Starboard tank and a little cranking but it was a little scary and of course at a bad time.
How do I get the return into both tanks? The port tank only has one supply fitting on the top, no other fittings.
Sorry for the long post!

Lehman’s return very little fuel. From your description the electric pump feeds the injector pump and has a tee with the return line. If that’s it the pump is feeding the tank directly. A drawing of the system would be helpful. Do you have the 120 or 135? How long have you had this boat?

Motor is a 120
Had the boat about two years.
Ill try to post a picture
Thanks

on a 120 little fuel is returned, 135s I hear quite a bit more.

I teed my return lines into the supply lines when I fitted new tanks with no return....3000 hrs, 15000 miles with no issues.

I did it based on my own experiment and hearing from the Lehman edd experts that a 120 Lehman barely returns any fuel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom