Lehman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
Pros and cons of the Ford Lehman Diesel engine the 2728t 275hp. Going to survey in a couple weeks on a 43 ft president.. any pros and cons in the boat itself .. and thank you for your thoughts

I don't think you need that much hp, IMHO you are just buying trouble with the turbo charger. However, I am not familiar with the President 43 foot. I have heard it is an excellent boat and if it semi displacement or designed to exceed the 7mph mark, then the extra hp has a purpose. Have any pics?

pete

There was a boat at my marina a few years ago that had 225s. It was a Marine Trader aft cabin 41 ft I believe.
He used to run at 15 to 17 knots on plane when he could. He never had any issues with the coolers or turbos, but he only owned the boat for 3 or 4 seasons.

That is about the sum of my knowledge regarding the 225s.

Good luck with your decision.

I have a 41’ President with SP225s. We have had it about 4 years. So far we love it. Per Brian at American Diesel the inter coolers are not available anymore but you can pipe around them and in my case end up with 180 hp. I have had really outstanding support from AD. Our boat was in need of a lot of TLC when we bought it but I love working on boats. We have painted the whole boat, replaced 11 portholes, replaced the main electrical panel, added a hardtop to the flybridge, fabricated new enclosures for the flybridge and sundeck and many other projects. We are currently making nes Corian countertops and then new backsplashes. Our boat topped out at 17 knots during the sea trial. I didn’t really want 450 hp when we bought it but we find that every now and then it is nice to have the extra power. Good luck with your purchase.

Back
Top Bottom