Left my boat in Stuart. Is that a good spot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stuart is a nice place and Sunset Bay is a great marina. Walking into downtown is easy and fun. Nice place to jump to the Bahamas from as well. Not a ton of good anchoring out spots that I know of close by other than Peck Lake, which gets a lot of wakes, but there are likely plenty I don't know about as I haven't looked real hard either. We mainly go across to the Bahamas.

Stuart hurricane history:

Last hit 2005, Wilma hit south of Stuart as a CAT 2. Weaker in Stuart. Some roof damage and trees toppled.

2004 was a bad year. Jeanne hit as a CAT 3. This was 22 days after Frances hit as a CAT 2.

1999, Irene was barely a CAT 1.

1979, David was a CAT 1. Surge of 5'.

1964, Isbell, CAT 3, hit after crossing from West Coast of FL.

1964, Cleo, a CAT 1, hit west of Stuart. Actually hit Indiantown harder than Stuart.

That's the last 55 years.

Hey I think I saw your boat in those slips near the mooring field. There was a big "slips for lease" sign on them.

Are they reasonable? Looks like a great spot.

Not sure if that was us or not, as there isn't a sign on the dock. We are literally RIGHT next to sunset bay, like sharing a property line with them. You have to go around my boat to get to the Sunset Bay dinghy dock. It's a good spot, a little less $ than SB, but no amenities. I don't think he has any open slips as the yacht broker on the property leases all of them that aren't currently being rented. I can ask though, shoot me PM if you want me to investigate.

A little further up river is a canal behind some condos, next to the park. It looks like a good spot to me as it offers more protection. Not sure if there are any slips for rent there.

Ok thanks. I'll check it out.

Still too early to make plans at this time in MHO

Back
Top Bottom