Least expensive Bahamas dockage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tingum

The Bluff House,on Green Turtle Cay, has just reopened for the season and has LOWERED their daily dockage rate to $.90 / foot. The lowest in the Bahamas.

The Bluff House,on Green Turtle Cay, has just reopened for the season and has LOWERED their daily dockage rate to $.90 / foot. The lowest in the Bahamas.

It's low for a reason......

I assume the reason isn't Bahama dockage price wars.....

So the reason is????

We've stayed there, the docks are worn out, the restaurant service is really slow. Plus of your in a smaller boat they back you up to a ladder which is the only means of getting off the boat. There is definitely better places in GTC. (GTC Club)

We've stayed there, the docks are worn out, the restaurant service is really slow. Plus of your in a smaller boat they back you up to a ladder which is the only means of getting off the boat.

In that case, they need to get down to 50 cents a foot....or less.

In that case, they need to get down to 50 cents a foot....or less.

Here's a pic from when we had the old boat.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1415550622.496906.jpg

We stayed at Sea Spray near Hopetown. The monthly rate was very reasonable, but went up around Feb or March when the main season gets going. Dockage was less than water and electric, both of which were metered. I don't recall the exact number, but check with Junior who runs the place.

We really like the Bluff House and have stayed there many times. The docks are not as nice as GTC, but the bar/pool/beach setup is nicer. Sometimes the service is better at GTC and sometimes it is better at Bluff House, it just depends on the day, I guess.

Since Bluff House changed owners a couple years ago it has really improved. The docs have been redecked, though the pilings are still not the best and they can be high at low tide.

I like both places, but I wouldn't pay more for GTC, or at least not much more, but that is just me.

Best marina on the island if you can get into Black Sound is Leeward Yacht Club.

Looks as good as a other of higher priced places here in the US....but one pic isn't the whole story either.

Looks as good as a other of higher priced places here in the US....but one pic isn't the whole story either.

Not saying it is... I'm sure it's changed over the years but we haven't had the need to check the bluff house out since GTC club is better.

I have no problem with the Bluff House, and "Thirsty Thursday" at the bar is awesome - THREE Kalik Lights and an order of delicious conch fritters for ten bucks. However, I usually took charter guests to Green Turtle Club, where they feature the fantastic "Eat Your Dockage" special.

Attachments

• P6080158.JPG
    P6080158.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 71
  • GTC.jpg
    GTC.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom