Krogen infestation....>>

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heron

Guru
Vessel Name
Heron (2)
Vessel Make
'88 Cape Dory 28 Flybridge #115
We had a big festival this weekend down at the Washington (NC) waterfront...
Yesterday in comes a Manatee...First I'd seen in person. Intro'd myself and wangled a tour. They sure are cool inside (infact the boats name was Cool Beans) but they sure aren't my cup of tea from the outside!...(no offense to Healhustler meant or implied!)
Today a few KK 42's rolled into town and had to anchor out in the basin as all the slips at the Waterfront were full...

Turns out everyone was returning from a KK rendezvous up on the Chesapeake a week or two back and headed South..

Last edited:
We had a big festival this weekend down at the Washington (NC) waterfront...
Yesterday in comes a Manatee...First I'd seen in person. Intro'd myself and wangled a tour. They sure are cool inside (infact the boats name was Cool Beans) but they sure are ugly from the outside!...(no offense to Healhustler meant or implied!)
Today a few KK 42's rolled into town and had to anchor out in the basin as all the slips at the Waterfront were full...

Turns out everyone was returning from a KK rendezvous up on the Chesapeake a week or two back and headed South..

I think Cool Beans is a member on TF.

This is Cool Beans, the boat, not Cool Beans the guy, searching for his next trawler! Though that same thought struck me when they rolled into town!

https://mvcoolbeans.wordpress.com/

Check this out from the members list.

About CoolBeans
Vessel Name
Cool Beans
Vessel Make/model
36 Kadey Krogen Manatee
City, Town or Port
Dania Beach
Country
USA
Zip or postal code
Occupation
Retired
Interests
Cruising, kayaking, scuba diving

I need to comment on this situation.
I was in Norfolk Naval shipyard with a heavy lift crane for the last week. We were literally at mile 2 of the ICW. Every day the southbound migration passed us within 100yds, usually closer because they like to check out the tug and crane.
I had almost a running commentary with Hobo crew (Larry and Lena) on which KK boats were passing my position.
Dons right, "Cool Beans" the Manatee is a TF member and he passed us. The overwhelming majority of trawlers was KK's at about 7 per day. I was also surprised at the number of Flemmings and Nordhavns.
We had cameras and cell phones confiscated by the navy and were provided with camera disabled flip phones for our stay there.
We have 6 more lifts in the next few months but I think we saw the prime time migration. Sorry for the lack of pictures! Larry can attest that I was like a little kid at a parade.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom