ID:	17934  

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #42
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
OK, maybe Mark was right about adding a proper mast and rigging. The boat looks more balanced with it, but it might be even better with a telephone pole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	with mast.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	17936  

healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #43
Al
Guru

City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Thanks Eric, I knew there was a more detailed photo and now I recall it was yours when you and Mark were trading comments. Is she not a beaut? I received a response from the acquaintance who will arrange a introduction to the owner. A tour of the boat would be a treat, Perhaps photos later.
Al
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #44
Al
Guru

By the way Eric, in a second look, in the background is a white trawler with green trim.
There was a story on this boat in our newspaper. the owner is wheel chair bound. He had the boat fitted out so that he can operate. Has an elevator, wide doors, low counters and all the fittings that accompany his handy cape. Sure gives a great example of tenacity and the joy of boating!!! Regards,
Al.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #45
Scraping Paint

City: -
Interesting comparison between the original boat and the Alaska boat. The Alaska boat, even though it has the same relative configuration and proportions as the other boat, looks 100 percent better. The reason, in my opinion, is that the pilothouse was designed with an aesthetic eye. The pilothouse on the original boat looks like I made it. Or maybe my dog, who knows how to weld. And made it on a bad day.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #46
Guru

City: Calgary
Vessel Name: Blue Sky
Vessel Model: Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
By the way Eric, in a second look, in the background is a white trawler with green trim.
There was a story on this boat in our newspaper. the owner is wheel chair bound. He had the boat fitted out so that he can operate. Has an elevator, wide doors, low counters and all the fittings that accompany his handy cape. Sure gives a great example of tenacity and the joy of boating!!! Regards,
Al.
That vessel was built by Sunnfjord for the owner and his invalid wife a number of years ago; Passagemaker had an article on it. It looked to be very well thought out.
It was on the market recently (2-3 years ago?) and unfortunately looked much the worse for wear. Perhaps it has been brought back to life?
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #47
Al
Guru

Conrad- The current owner is a handicapped male. When the newspaper toured the boat and printed photos, the boat appeared in proper form. However, this winter I noted that there was a tarp spread and tied down on the aft area as though there was or is a leak situation. I have not seen the boat move this fall/winter, and the owner may be South. Remains to be seen this Spring/summer. Yes, now that you give details what you mention was dispatched in the news paper story. Thanks for chiming in.
Al
Old 04-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #48
Guru

City: Calgary
Vessel Name: Blue Sky
Vessel Model: Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
Conrad- The current owner is a handicapped male. When the newspaper toured the boat and printed photos, the boat appeared in proper form. However, this winter I noted that there was a tarp spread and tied down on the aft area as though there was or is a leak situation. I have not seen the boat move this fall/winter, and the owner may be South. Remains to be seen this Spring/summer. Yes, now that you give details what you mention was dispatched in the news paper story. Thanks for chiming in.
Al
Al, I'm glad to hear that it has gone to another deserving owner. From what I recall from the PMM article it was a very well thought vessel for a handicapped person.

Here is a link to Sunnfjord's description of the vessel.

Special Projects
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #49
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
The FB in post # 21 really looks stupid and it looks very foreign too. Even though I think masts are something we can best do without your mast on post # 42 does give the boat better visual balance. I'd rather see the balance come from other more useful sources. Many boats of this general visual type have less freeboard amidships and a raised bow (that would ruin fwd visibility) but accomplish the visual balance.

The whole boat is too high above the water to suit me though.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is online now   Reply With Quote