Kids on the troll drag...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrotherDave

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Nadezdha
Vessel Make
1972 Beaver 36
Ok not a trawler...but I thought I would post a few pictures off my boat from the past couple weeks. Fishing was good, weather was good, and it was family fun plus we made a bit of gas money.

i-PkP5tSd-XL.jpg

i-vSkWV2x-X2.jpg

i-5zWWj3b-X2.jpg

i-4Hs9XQb-X2.jpg

i-RqwL9CL-X2.jpg

Greetings,
Mr. BD. More of a trawler than the majority of boats on TF. GREAT to see the kids out. Fine looking bunch.

Aren't kids under 13 supposed to be wearing PFD's when on deck at all times in Alaska? In your case, it looks like the boat is underway.

Kids on a boat catching fish, much better than couch sitting and glued to the internet.
Thanks dad!

Great!

Keep dem good looken Kids busy enjoying real adventures out and about on the water - as much as possible.

In future times they will become us... well sort of!!! :D :thumb:

:speed boat:

They do like their ipads but seldom miss a chance to take a boat ride.

They do like their ipads but seldom miss a chance to take a boat ride.

That's great, and thx for posting. These will be the leaders of tomorrow, and unfortunately most don't give a damn. Glad your kids are out having fun and learning. Boating really does make better kids, and well as a lot of other outdoor activities.

It's amazing how quickly they catch on. Either of them can hold a course reasonably well with any of our 3 boats, use the gps/satphone/InReach, interpret the sonar images, run a fire extinguisher and they know port from starboard. If I could get them to rig herring just right I'd have it made. Of course their favorite is bonking fish and examining the stomach contents...

It's amazing how quickly they catch on. Either of them can hold a course reasonably well with any of our 3 boats, use the gps/satphone/InReach, interpret the sonar images, run a fire extinguisher and they know port from starboard. If I could get them to rig herring just right I'd have it made. Of course their favorite is bonking fish and examining the stomach contents...

Kids are smarter than we think! Unfortunately... we are dumber than they think! Equilibrium/trade-off usually occurs round about mid 20's. :lol:

Dave, great photos all. What a wonderful education for the kids to have. You're making many lifelong memories out there.

Thanks for taking us along on your troll. Is that Prince William Sound?

Back
Top Bottom