key reproduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saint-paul

Hello,
i own in france a boat Grand Banks 36 Classic from 1978.
I lost the key to the side door.. fortunately i have a double.
But as the lock is original i can't find in France a draft to have a copy. ..
Can someone give me an adress to solve this problem ?
On my key there is a mark : JMA, and a reference : ASFK7
Thank you for your help..

Key DL 33N or ILCO 1033N.jpg
I found this key to copy original for 1971 GB36

thank you, i'm very interested but is this a draft key compatible with my lock ?
Do you think i can reproduce my key from this one ?

If the number on the blank is the same it should work. I once needed a key for my boat and my local Ace Hardware where I get all my keys made said they couldn't get the blank. I bought a couple on eBay and took them to Ace, they cut them for free as I didn't buy the blanks there and that's what they charge for.

If the number on the blank is the same it should work. I once needed a key for my boat and my local Ace Hardware where I get all my keys made said they couldn't get the blank. I bought a couple on eBay and took them to Ace, they cut them for free as I didn't buy the blanks there and that's what they charge for.

No, for the vintage it may no longer be available. That is why I posted the blank that fit the lock on my GB36. The OP is having same issue, the old key # is not readily available.

No, for the vintage it may no longer be available. That is why I posted the blank that fit the lock on my GB36. The OP is having same issue, the old key # is not readily available.

That's exactly what Ace told me, but someone on eBay had some. Pure luck I know but it worked.

picture of my key

I would have to see a picture of your key, and then maybe I can comment.
thank you so much for your answer, can you read the picture of my key here :
file:///C:/Users/ORDINATEUR/Documents/BATEAU%20OLIVIA/IMG_3691.jpg

I have a 1986 GB42. The original lock and key in 1986 was manufactured by Legge, a company in the UK. I found that an “Ilco 62LG” blank works for key duplicates.

Find a good locksmith. Have keys made in Denmark. No local hardware store could do anything. Went to two locksmiths with no joy. The third was knowledgeable and found a blank supplier. Had to wait 10d for the blanks and they cost $14 each. Made 4 as the locks were in perfect condition and didn’t want this exercise ever again.

<<I found that an “Ilco 62LG” blank works for key duplicates>> +1 for Ray's advice. 1992 GB, Legge locks, found Ilco 62LG blanks and had copies made at a locksmith in Bellingham, WA. Good luck!
Regards,
Scott

thank you

View attachment 143390
I found this key to copy original for 1971 GB36

Thank you so much Steve for your help,
i cannot read your picture of this key, but with the references i'm trying to get it from the company Keymate in California.
Thank you again
i'm a friend of Pilou and Olivier.
I send you all their friendships

I'm very surprised a locksmith can't fabricate a key for you.

Who is the manufacturer of the lock?

A locksmith took my lock and made a key for it. No blanks, I just removed the lock gave it to them 75 bucks and three days later...voila!

Back
Top Bottom