Kemah/Rockport/Port Aransas Texas area- Marinas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ragshoe

What are the best places to keep a trawler in Kemah/Seadrift.* I do not need fancy but Also want to have nice enough ammenities*to want to hang out at the dock.* I am considering keeping Trawler 40ft...Either Kemah area or Rockport/Port Aransas...Any ideas from you fellow Texans?* Any monthly cost estimates for 40ft?

I stay at South Shore Harbour marina in League City and love it. www.southshoreharbourmarina.com My 50' slip is $387.50/month plus electricity. Call (281) 334-0515 to get rates for other slip lengths.

There are lots of choices in those area, you can look them up with reviews at www.activecaptain.com

Rockport the best would be Key Allegro marina.

Port Aransas would be Island Moorings marina. The city marina is OK, but no pool or amenities to speak of.

Ragshoe,
In 2006 I asked myself the same question.* We took a down coast trip all the way from Kemah to Brownsville, with a cruising guide in hand.* We found that the Kemah area suited our needs the best due to multiple cruising locations.* We are destination cruisers and seldom pull the boat out of the slip for less than a Friday night, Saturday and then a late Sunday return.*
Besides just anchoring out in Galveston Bay you have lots of locations to cruise to including but not limited to:
Cedar Bayou
Anahuac,
Oak Island
Double Bayou
Smith Point
Laguna Harbor
Galveston Yacht Basin
Harbor House
Moody Gardens
Harborwalk
These are just a few of the local spots that came to mind as a response to your post.* If you would like additional information on locations I have listed check out www.tmca.nu
http://tmca.nu/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=28&Itemid=50
Regards
John Allison
Pilgrim 40 Hull #18
Kemah, Texas 77565
(281) 802 - 4721

Back
Top Bottom