Just when you thought you could trust them!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer to avoid moorings. I'd trust my anchor over a random mooring anytime.

Captain Deb Fritz, and her crew, are very, very good. I was the officer in charge of the fireboat here in Friday Harbor for a number of years and worked with her on a number of occasions. And yes, she was a race car driver.

I suspect the vessel's underwriter will explore a settlement with the state's risk pool/insurance. One of them will likely then negotiate a payment for TowBoatUS.

With no vessel loss or pollution reported, it could have been much worse. TowBoatUS clearly earned their money that day...and that should make the insurance people happy.

Thanks for sharing.

Did the captain pay (contract) for the mooring that authorized his tieing up or just grab the last one available? Would the mooring owner have responsibility for a squatter being on their mooring? Squatter's rights? Here in Massachusetts and for that matter mooring owners charge fees but when no payment is made that might be seen as unauthorized usage. Informative to learn what the outcome turns out to be.

Last edited:
Did the captain pay (contract) for the mooring that authorized his tieing up or just grab the last one available? Would the mooring owner have responsibility for a squatter being on their mooring? Squatter's rights? Here in Massachusetts and for that matter mooring owners charge fees but when no payment is made that might be seen as unauthorized usage. Informative to learn what the outcome turns out to be.

They're talking about state park buoys that are first come first served.

Back
Top Bottom