This is just too slick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawgwash

Guru
Well, I think so anyway.

Attachments

• O A Combo.jpg
    O A Combo.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 136
  • O A Desk.jpg
    O A Desk.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 130
  • O A Helm.jpg
    O A Helm.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 138
Looks Dutch? But interesting!

Now, how would you come up with that?
You seen the listing?

No; I have no idea what the actual boat is, but is seems to have the look that a lot of the Dutch vessels have; somewhat soft curves, especially the settee, and exquisite workmanship.

I do like the Swiss Army Knife helm chair!

As a helm chair I certainly wouldn't want to sit in it for very long... Looks extremely uncomfortable especially with no armrest, not to mention the level of where the back rest would hit you on your back. I'll stick with a Llebroc or Stidd helm chair.

I do like the look of the chair and the curves, but I agree - The helm chair certainly wouldn't be practical; especially in unprotected water without stabilisation.

I can imagine that lock-pin shearing off in rough seas and the Captain doing a swing around and slamming into the desk.

But you were.
Very close.
And a good eye to boot.
It's in the Netherlands and was probably a custom order as I don't see any other OAs looking like that.

Good point. It doesn't quite fit the OA look except for the exquisite woodwork. I've never seen that model before either although I'm no OA expert other than being a big fan.

Nice find on your part.

AusCan said:
I can imagine that lock-pin shearing off in rough seas and the Captain doing a swing around and slamming into the desk.
Or dropping straight to the floor.
OA has struggled with helm seats except in their PH.
In fact I see a lot of trawlers that don't really do a good job on helm seats in the salon. But I'm a standee in the rough stuff anyway, so maybe I could just take an ax to the seat and use the swivel set up as a bolster.:)

Last edited:
As a helm chair I certainly wouldn't want to sit in it for very long... Looks extremely uncomfortable especially with no armrest, not to mention the level of where the back rest would hit you on your back. I'll stick with a Llebroc or Stidd helm chair.

I don't know, it looks at least as comfortable as many bar stools I've sat in. And I've sat comfortably in some of those for hours. :D

Regarding the helm chair, I like to be able to adjust the position of how close the chair is to the wheel if I'm continuously steering. Think that is more an autopilot chair (you sit in it when the autopilot is steering). Really like my Stidd chair.

Ted

I was looking at the nav table chair myself. I have a little desk area in my cabin that really needs something like that.

If anyone knows where they sell them, I'd love to hear. I haven't been able to find one.

As for the overall look, meh. I'm not a huge fan of those half-oval shaped settees.

O C Diver said:
I like to be able to adjust the position of how close the chair is to the wheel if I'm continuously steering.
That was my point about trawler helms. So many have built in, fixed seats or benches with zero adjustment.

Agreed. My back hurts just looking at it. No support. But it does give you easy access to the side deck door and does double duty. If this is a F/B boat then you don't spend hours at sea (typically) at the lower helm so it would work well.

Back
Top Bottom