Old 02-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
Guru

Is it just me or does everyone love the...

Jacka$$es in the 25-30' center consoles/bowriders who slow down so that their bow is pointed toward the sky and they are dragging tanker sized waves behind them before passing you?

I know that I have one of the smaller trawlers on here 34' Mainship mk III and sometimes there just isn't room for me to manuever so that the wave doesn't strike me quartering from the stern (this is my boats Achilles heel [no pun intended]).

twiisted71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
RE: Is it just me or does everyone love the...

Quote:
Old Stone wrote:
David - It's not the size of your boat. We get those clowns all the time in the LI Sound. Doesn't matter how big or small you are, it throws you all over the place. Too bad we can't exercize a little home grown justice for those guys, but that's life nowadays. Here's a shot of my other boat equipped for just those kind of days, or for dealing with the occasional unfriendly dockmaster we come upon now and then.
*Oh no you don't Carl. *I think the eagle and the port lights of the side of the hull were photo shopped.

Moonstruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Guru

City: Avalon, NJ
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40

Quote:
twiisted71 wrote:
Jacka$$es in the 25-30' center consoles/bowriders who slow down so that their bow is pointed toward the sky and they are dragging tanker sized waves behind them before passing you?

I know that I have one of the smaller trawlers on here 34' Mainship mk III and sometimes there just isn't room for me to manuever so that the wave doesn't strike me quartering from the stern (this is my boats Achilles heel [no pun intended]).
*No worse than the ones in trawlers that go 1-2 knots faster than their hull speed through no wake zones/marina areas thinking that trawlers don't throw wakes...

There's just more of them!!!
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Guru

Carl that's nice but it really eats up the room on the flybridge. I think some subsurface weaponry would be nice!
twiisted71 is offline   Reply With Quote