Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-26-2013, 12:56 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
City: EC FL
Country: USA
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 171
No problem! I'll set the time for the table at 7:15.

Larry and Lena - I'm bringing a cooler with soft drinks, bottled water, and a six pack of beer along with a hand truck to get it down the dock ( I'm old and tired). There is no reason why full time cruisers should supply us land creatures with refreshments.

I love posting about the members I know in real life. I always gain from these meet ups. I've met dozens, mostly from the T&T list. Many are friends for life.

Mike
__________________
Advertisement

Sceptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #42
TF Site Team
 
Larry M's Avatar
 
City: JAX, FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Hobo
Vessel Model: Krogen 42-120
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor of Fortune View Post
I spoke a little to soon. I will be there at between 4:30 and 5 pm. Admiral won't be there until about 6:30 pm (Realtor work commitment).
No problem.
__________________

Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #43
TF Site Team
 
Larry M's Avatar
 
City: JAX, FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Hobo
Vessel Model: Krogen 42-120
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
No problem! I'll set the time for the table at 7:15.

Larry and Lena - I'm bringing a cooler with soft drinks, bottled water, and a six pack of beer along with a hand truck to get it down the dock ( I'm old and tired). There is no reason why full time cruisers should supply us land creatures with refreshments.

I love posting about the members I know in real life. I always gain from these meet ups. I've met dozens, mostly from the T&T list. Many are friends for life.

Mike
Mike: Nice, but not necessary. Since we have been back in the states, the fridge has been full.
Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
City: EC FL
Country: USA
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 171
After Action Report - TF meet up.

We had the TF meet up as scheduled aboard Hobo, Larry and Lenas KK42 at Ortega Landing marina.

Itís a beautiful boat and well maintained.

Larry and Lena told us about their trip from Alaska, down the west coast of north and central America, thru the canal, the Caribbean coast of central America, and the islands, and back to the US via the ďThorny PathĒ

Fascinating.

Sailor of Fortune, captain of the Atlantic Salvor, a 150 foot ocean going salvage tug, told us about some of his adventures at sea, including 2 trans-Atlantic crossings while towing.

Also fascinating

Compared to these guys I didnít have much to say.

A good time was had by all.

If you get the chance to meet some fellow members of TF, donít pass it up. Lots of good experience and stories that can only be told in person.

Mike
Sceptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #45
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,849
Capt. Mike, thanks for the report. I hope to get the chance to stop by Jax and check out the area. No pictures?
__________________
Don on Moonstruck
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express & Blackfin 25 CC
When cruising life is simpler, but on a grander scale (author unknown)
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #46
TF Site Team
 
Larry M's Avatar
 
City: JAX, FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Hobo
Vessel Model: Krogen 42-120
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
Capt. Mike, thanks for the report. I hope to get the chance to stop by Jax and check out the area. No pictures?
Sorry Don, no pictures. We were too busy talking.

Good company all around. And Mike, please, gutting and building Full Step is beyond what we would take on.

I'll second Mike's comment about meeting fellow TT Forum members.
Larry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #47
Guru
 
Sailor of Fortune's Avatar
 
City: Saint Augustine, Fl.
Country: Port of St Augustine ,FL
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,963
I'll third Mikes comment! Myself and the admiral had a great time.
Don - Pictures were forbidden. We didn't want "evidence" out on the net. I'm not saying that we were, or were not dancing on the tables with lamp shades on our heads!
What happens at Ortega Landing....stays at Ortega landing!
Seriously, we had a fun time with Lary and Lena, Mike and Mellissa.
Hopefully we can do it again and have Don and Beachbum present.
Jack
Sailor of Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #48
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor of Fortune View Post
I'll third Mikes comment! Myself and the admiral had a great time.
Don - Pictures were forbidden. We didn't want "evidence" out on the net. I'm not saying that we were, or were not dancing on the tables with lamp shades on our heads!
What happens at Ortega Landing....stays at Ortega landing!
Seriously, we had a fun time with Lary and Lena, Mike and Mellissa.
Hopefully we can do it again and have Don and Beachbum present.
Jack
That would be great. Looks like we're headed that way by next spring if not before.
__________________
Don on Moonstruck
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express & Blackfin 25 CC
When cruising life is simpler, but on a grander scale (author unknown)
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #49
Guru
 
City: somewhere
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,356
We would of loved to had made it but after the week we had we were just too exhausted to do anything but lay around, eat and sleep.

Looking forward to the next time.
__________________

__________________
Life is a Beach
beachbum29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012