Interesting vessel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never tried to connect them before but the Monterey boats may have given birth to the Willard 30. The Willard lacks the trademark clipper bow and is not as deep (judging form TAD's pics) as the Clippers but I'm thinking there may be a connection. I'll post some pics tonight about another related boat.

Humm....Other than both being small west coast designed and built double-enders, I see no connection. One could just as well say the Willard is related to a Skeena River Gillnetter, as both are lacking the exaggerated flair and clipper bow that define the Monterey. As far as I know the Willard was drawn by Hale Field/Bill Crealock as a smaller/somewhat related version of the original Garden designed Vega 36. The 30 lacks the flair of the 36 forward, also the sheer break.

Digging a bit more I find the CBA built boat was originally offered by a Florida builder as the Maritime 31.

Maritime31b.jpg

CBAtrawler.jpg

Maritime31a.jpg

9 knot cruise, 60 hp..... HM. With that lwl you would certainly be using some fuel b

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Lehman 135 Twins

Thanks for posting that fascinating literature, Tad.

I photographed these two boats in Alaska several years ago. One in the water and being fished at the time. The other in either Petersburg or Wrangell. Talked to the owner of "Honeywilla" in Petersburg. Unbelievably Honeywilla was powered by a Lehman sized engine.

These two boats look very very much like the Clipper boats TAD posted. The boats in AK looked to have a more rounded hull than the Willard 30. The clipper bow is different than the W30 but below the WL they are almost the same.

TAD I think beyond the rounded stern there's no resemblance between the W30 and the W36. They look to me like boats designed by different people that never saw the other boat.

Attachments

• STH71658 copy 2.jpg
    STH71658 copy 2.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 210
  • STH71686 copy 2.jpg
    STH71686 copy 2.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 101
  • STH71689 copy.jpg
    STH71689 copy.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 96
  • STH71693 copy.jpg
    STH71693 copy.jpg