this is an interesting trawler for Eric?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshanafelt

Vessel Name
Isobel K
Vessel Make
37' Custom Pilothouse
I came across this over the weekend.* I am waiting for more info from the owner.

I like the bilge keels

seems to be alot of boat for the buck

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/boa/2780015907.html

<h2>Long range steel cruiser/passagemaker - $54000 (Sequim)</h2>
Date: 2012-01-02, 2:44PM PST
Reply to: sale-ng8pw-2780015907@craigslist.org <sup>[Errors when replying to ads?]</sup>

You have a unique opportunity to purchase this well built, well thought-out cruiser at the price of materials. The NECESSITY COVE is virtually new and of all steel construction. A 36 foot Bruce Roberts sailboat design that has been modified into this attention-getting long range trawler. The original 1980 hull and interior was stripped, blasted and epoxy painted outside, Mascoat insulating paint on the inside. With the insulating paint, the steel is always warm to the touch, even where its underwater, so there is no condensation inside.This boat is completely rust free and designed to stay that way. An entirely new house was built in Port Townsend. The hull and house have all been epoxy painted, railings are all stainless steel pipe, (not tubing) and the interior has all new wiring, well done and in proper fashion, always with easy access built in. It has a new John Deere 80 hp engine with 212 hrs so far on all of the running gear. Norscot brand dripless shaft packing on a new 2" shaft and a 26' prop . This boat is not 100% finished, but all of the hard work is done, and done well. For example the the galley is nearly finished but lacks paint. The pilot house has plotter and vhf installed, but again, it needs paint and minor finish work. The stateroom is not finished yet, but is in progress now. The galley and stateroom both have been insulated to R-15. There is nothing "hokey" about the quality of workmanship in this boat. Its all good. You will need to install a domestic water system, head and holding tank, and anchor winch, along with other minor finishing touches. This boat has been on several cruises to the San Juan Islands and to Seattle over the last three years and is a fully capable cruiser. Just be ready to answer questions from all the other boat owners interested in this beautiful passage maker. With an estimated 700 gallon fuel capacity and burning 1 to 1.5 gph (depending on speed of 6.8 and 7.4 knots) long range cruising is not out of the question. This boat is intended for cruising to South Central Alaska via the inside passage. Try that with anything else out there for sale at this price. Curious about seakindliness? With the bilge keels (rolling chocks) and the deep keel, this guy just stands upright in a quartering sea. Very comfortable. Maneuvering? The rudder is capable of 40 degrees of angle and the boat will turn on a dime.
Please only interested parties respond. I must sell this labor of love for it is now my second boat and I just can't afford to have two. If you are ready to step up to a serious boat and get away from the white plastic boat crowd, this is it. The price is firm, and the boat is moored in Sequim's John Wayne Marina for you to view. Call 360.808.4538 to see it. Emails will take a while to respond to, and more pictures won't do it justice. You have to see it, so just take the initiative call me and come to Sequim. You can keep the moorage here as well.

Thanks. Mark 360.808.4538

Please remember to call or text. I don't check emails very often, and I'm available to show the boat with a couple of hours notice.

<ul class="blurbs">[*]Location: Sequim[*]it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests[/list]<table summary="craigslist hosted images"><tbody><tr><td>
5K55J75M23Ge3p73H6c12060914c5d0d71b95.jpg
</td><td>
5Ga5Fd5M93Ke3Ia3pcc123ff97766df8c125a.jpg
</td></tr><tr><td>
5If5G75M83Kf3Fa3H5c121452c3967d0219c6.jpg
</td><td>
5N15Q05K23L33Jd3N8c129e4442742c98183e.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>

PostingID: 2780015907

I was thinking of taking a look, but don't have all $$ up front, it might be tought to finance..

That being said, if my other find doesn't work out, it is on my list. I am glad he finally posted clear pictures rather the ones he had a few weeks ago from a mile away.

What luck. I just cashed out our new house today. What timing. Since we are coming down in the middle of the month I think I'll call him and keep in touch. You are right .....this boat has my name on it. The details will show why the price is as it is. But if I had a buyer for Willy.................................

Eric

I think you'd be right about that boat bshanafelt. When I think of graduating from a great boat like Willy, that's a sumptuous step. I viewed a 41 ft. custom trawler in Sarasota, FL a couple of weeks ago that was the bigger brother of that one. It still has me drooling.

What a sweet looking little ship!* West coast, though.* A bit too far to go for a quick, drive-by look.*

nomadwilly wrote:
What luck. *Since we are coming down in the middle of the month I think I'll call him and keep in touch.

Did you get a close up look? *I see he has just relisted it on CL, with the same price...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom