Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO, the flybridge is a long way from the AC, head, food and drink.
To each his own.

To each his own.

And: To own their each!

i.e.; Each boat of any size that we "own" must have a comfortable to sit or stand in flying bridge.

Taint no better vantage point for piloting, great place for experiencing nature, nor extra added relaxation room while at anchor... than a bimini covered flybridge.

And, properly set up the seats can be fold down beds as well as under seat storage areas or insulated coolers.

In addition... there are none better locations, than our flybridge, where we watch 4th O' July fireworks!!

:dance::dance:

Last edited:

If you only have a flybridge station, yeah, that'd be a problem. But if you've got both a flybridge and a lower helm you're set.

We've got a fridge up on the flybridge, and that definitely helps on Summer afternoons.

Now, if I had to choose between NO flybridge or NO boat, well, I'd learn to love a single lower station!

Attachments

• 20180412_075628.jpg
    20180412_075628.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 88
Really great tug type Trawler. Here in Europe also one of 49 for sale, sailing on its own keel across the Atlantic, so obviously very seaworthy, Do you have any personal experience?

Too bad the additional photos didn't open for some reason.

NBs

Have never seen one in real life, just online. The 49 footer 'looks right' to my eye compared to the smaller Lord Nelson Victory Tugs.

The only thing she does not have is a complementary solar system: all refrigeration is 240V, and I see no battery systems. The two x 200W-panel system that feeds the house batteries on Seabiscuit work very well, and the 12V Engel upright fridge is a power-sipper—so if we do get this boat, that will need to be done. The alternative is to only have refrigeration when under way, running the genny, or tied to the marina.

The only thing she does not have is a complementary solar system: all refrigeration is 240V, and I see no battery systems. The two x 200W-panel system that feeds the house batteries on Seabiscuit work very well, and the 12V Engel upright fridge is a power-sipper—so if we do get this boat, that will need to be done. The alternative is to only have refrigeration when under way, running the genny, or tied to the marina.

Good luck! She seems like a great boat.

Only 240v fridges, all 5 of them, seems odd. There should be plenty of space up top for panels.Must be some battery system serving the house, unless it`s like the IG set up where the start batts do house too, and somehow it works. Can`t see that serving the use this boat is capable of. But you likely have the Survey which would be more informative than the advert.

Good luck with it. I have recent Gold Coast surveyor experience if you need it.

It's on the wrong side of the Atlantic and likely has a 50hz electric system to deal with, but assuming the fuel capacity is 4 tanks of 1250 liters each rather than total, I really like the lines and layout of this one!

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2009/custom-gb-52-motortrawler-3644630/

Oh man, that is a good one. Looks a little like a Diesel Duck? That galley! The engine room!

All it needs is a mast and some steadying sails and she would be good to go. [emoji6]

Of course you could add adequate batteries, solar and inverter and have 240v everything.
Our genset very rarely gets used this time of year.

I'd also be wanting to know why the hull was glassed.
Would ring alarm bells with me.

Simi asked,
I'd also be wanting to know why the hull was glassed.

I have seen images of the hull's preparation immediately before glassing: absolutely superb bare-wood condition, including replacing a plank and a full re-caulking job, but with epoxy putty. The current owner spent $40,000 on it, six months or so ago. He simply wanted to reduce maintenance. The great many photos show a perfect hull.

Liv (the Admiral) and I spent a couple of hours on her this afternoon; she is better than the images suggest. Best internal layout we have seen; far and away the best engine room, best accommodation, huge battery capacity, and plenty of room in the engine room to augment if necessary. The wiring is textbook. Three watertight compartments, and a survey-standard engine-driven emergency bilge pump to complement the electric ones.

We go out to sea on her tomorrow. We will report back. Overall, the best boat I have ever personally been on, so far. And am all clear on the 'honeymoon phase', too. We are trying to find faults, but have been unsuccessful, so far.

This one has been on the market for a few years now in Tasmania Australia. 70' Wooden ex- fishing boat; running an old Cat 3408. The price is $98000 AUD plus GST etc. Apparently built by Western Boat Building Co in 1951.
2Q==

nrhm9-0XO9qosRXsMHWUeA.jpg

Anyone know what brand this is? Saw it a few years ago in Catalina island. Good looking, I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom