Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One word for you. Bulwarks.
Most photos show no handrails on sides [mybe that was before refinishing completion]... a couple photos do. That baby needs railing all the way around! Really nice job otherwise!

Whaou a beauty !!

All we like , not too long under 20 m (euh !?) under 5 m beam, under 3.2 m air draft, not too much draft 1.53 m

Ok too heavy 54 t... ad teak on the deck but ...

Attachments

• classic.JPG
    classic.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 89
All we like , not too long under 20 m (euh !?) under 5 m beam, under 3.2 m air draft, not too much draft 1.53 m

Ok too heavy 54 t... ad teak on the deck but ...

Rakish Design! Beautiful Looking Boat! OMG - The Tall Slender Mast!

Nice lake boat. Would not want to be in heavy seas with that pretty! :dance:

Last edited:
If this boat was closer to Alaska you would have to get in line behind me.

Yes that would be quite the adventure. Would you go through the Panama Canal or try the Northwest Passage?

Check out this 38 foot boat I found!

IMG_2152.jpg

That's the USS Edson (DD-946), a Forrest Sherman-class destroyer. I spent a little time on the following Spruance-class the Ingersoll, (DD-990). Great looking "boats".

I spent a tour as Weapons Officer on the sister ship John Paul Jones after she had been upgraded to a missile ship. Used same bunk as my brother-in-law had back when she was an all-gun ship.

LOL I was on the DD881.
My destroyer is older than your destroyer.

Last edited:
salon.jpg

My wife is 5' tall and did not want a 'galley down' boat. Til she saw this one, and we bought it and love it. You can see the galley forward - yes, it's two steps down, but at an angle, and to port, (you can see the frig) that opens up nicely. She, and I, can be in the galley and be a part of the salon conversation very easily.

Yeah, it's been for sale for a while..

My ex-military background leads me to think I could tame it, as it all seems familiar.

But why?
I'm sure this one has been on and off the market for several years now. No idea what the issues might be. Gov't maintained equipment does tend towards extensive maintenance requirements. Could be it has suffered a bit without a full time crew?

PS- Former BB, FF, TAO, DD, FFG, LHA, CG guy here...

Hi,

Wood build classic trawler 190000£, Looks really seaworthy, Not a luxury, but the development is worthwhile at least in the pictures. Not a luxury, but the development is worthwhile at least in the pictures. Fuel consumption i think big vs size (1,5 gal/nm, 9,5kn)?

SCPImageHandler.scp

more pic and info.

https://www.lochin.com/Boats-For-Sale/LOCH 1369

NBs

Last edited:
Reactions: Art
Back
Top Bottom