Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Absolutely beautiful boat. Owners sunk a ton of money into her, which is reflected by the asking price. Unfortunately I think that a realistic sale price for that 50 year old boat would be about half that.

Boats are not investments and owner's pride makes it impossible to face that reality. Esoteric boats like this often sit for sale for a couple of years before the price starts to radically drop. Been there done that :banghead:

Hmmm, needs a 2nd head for the crew. Stabilizers would go a long way.
Lose the exterior teak and teak decks.
Price, dont offer $400K unless you want the boat.
Hold out for most of the art work LOL

Hmmm, needs a 2nd head for the crew. Stabilizers would go a long way.
Lose the exterior teak and teak decks.
Price, dont offer $400K unless you want the boat.
Hold out for most of the art work LOL

Take a couple deeeep breaths. Let them out sloooowly.

This is a thread about "interesting boats" not "really sensibly priced boats needing absolutely no work" :D

Why go to all that trouble and expense and equip with only 900 gallons of fuel? She could have had some real legs if they thought it through better. Yeah, another head is a must

Why go to all that trouble and expense and equip with only 900 gallons of fuel? She could have had some real legs if they thought it through better. Yeah, another head is a must

If one is crossing the ocean, one does not need a black water tank that big. I sure wouldn't want to carry around that much in black water unless it was for ballast.
Sure would be a better use to most of it for fuel.
Add in a 500 gpd water maker and presto.....

Last edited:
Here's an interesting power cat. It looks like she would take some heavy seas, and has a 2000 nm cruising range.

The designer is the same guy who designed & built my boat.

A bit too much carpet for me, but other than that she'd be a nice liveaboard cruiser.

Attachments

• Kaslo.jpg
    Kaslo.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 77
Greetings,
Mr. D. Interesting, indeed. I wonder if the seemingly low price is as a result of the engine having 15,000 hours on it? Due for a re-power/rebuild perhaps? Not very much fuel tankage, in any case. Shows very nicely and I like, what appears to be, a full instrument panel in the ER. Nice touch.

Here's an interesting power cat. It looks like she would take some heavy seas, and has a 2000 nm cruising range.

The designer is the same guy who designed & built my boat.

A bit too much carpet for me, but other than that she'd be a nice liveaboard cruiser.

Aw, c'mon! Link?

Yeah, both Cardude & I were salivating over that one....especially the engine rooms, which are awesome spaces compared to most cats.

Same. I once lusted after big, complicated boats like this. Now I really appreciate my small, relatively simple boat.
Add me to this list. I once had a 54' Sport fisher and that was a little too big! Even my present 42 footer sometime feels bigger than I need but I really love her!

I definitely am in the camp that says "get the smallest boat that has everything you want." To some, that may be 29 feet while others need a 64 footer. :blush:

Greetings,
My cypherin's a bit rusty but 15,000 gallons of fuel @ 1 gal/mile is about 15,000 miles. Or 8 GPH @ 9 knots is 16,875 miles. So where does the 30,000 mile range come from?

Greetings,
My cypherin's a bit rusty but 15,000 gallons of fuel @ 1 gal/mile is about 15,000 miles. Or 8 GPH @ 9 knots is 16,875 miles. So where does the 30,000 mile range come from?

Magic math!
I would be absolutely amazed if that thing could get 1/2 MPG at 9kts

Hollywood

Last edited:
Take it up with the broker, his numbers:

Chauvin, La PRICE REDUCTION!! Used Steel Trawler converted into long range live aboard cruiser. First class long range cruising trawler For Sale. Proven and tested as great sea boat with economical long range cruising ability.Runs on aprox 1 gal per mile. Bottom blasted to white metal and painted.Bilges blasted and painted. All machinery removed and replaced with new. All new cabin converted into living quarters. Ice hold converted into additional living quarters with laundry room and head shower.This is a first class conversion for long range cruising.This boat is exceptionally strong built and no expense spared to keep boat maintenance free with lots of stainless steel everywhere.MUST SEE!!!

Equipment
Bow thruster.
New Scandia 550hp with 500 hours. 8GPH @9 knts.
New Twin Disc 6:1 Gear.
Kubota 40 kw.
Cummins 855 30 KW.
30,000 mile cruising range.
Sitex auto pilot.
Furuno 45 mile Radar with Chart plotter [2] Chart plotter.
Anchor windlass.
Sleeps 10.
6 Ton central AC/Heat.
Washer/dryer.
Ahead Brand USCG approved heads [2], direct discharge, no holding tank required.
Full SS Cap rail/ recessed anchor chute.
Dual steering stations.
Includes 15hp outbord inflatable and 25ft rigid boats

Greetings,

I thought it mentioned 24,000 gal fuel at better than 1 nmpg??

Greetings,
Mr. D. Interesting, indeed. I wonder if the seemingly low price is as a result of the engine having 15,000 hours on it? Due for a re-power/rebuild perhaps? Not very much fuel tankage, in any case. Shows very nicely and I like, what appears to be, a full instrument panel in the ER. Nice touch.
I think the low price is due to it being on a lake that's hundreds of miles from tidewater so there is limited clientele.

Beautiful boat.
May it bring you many happy hours of boating.

Yesterday we accepted an offer on LUCY our 50 ft Navy Utility.

Looking at this. https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1986/cheoy-lee-midnight-lace-52-3019464/

Wondering what known down sides to this builder are. The hull is Airex , which is best , but wonder if the deck and PH are plywood with a slather of GRP on top?

Damn Fred! You get that beauty, please send photos of you aboard! How long you had Lucy? Sure you can make it without her?? Good luck in your boat swap mission.

BTW - That boat is one of the most beautiful seen on this thread. Price is right!

Back
Top Bottom