Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife and I once spent 6 months sea kayaking, so obviously we don’t see eye to eye on this one.

I spent over a year backpacking in Asia, but I was in my 20’s. Today at 66 I feel differently........

I spent over a year backpacking in Asia, but I was in my 20’s. Today at 66 I feel differently........

Yup, we still giggle sometimes sipping hot drinks in a warm & dry pilothouse mere steps away from the head and a bed already made. However, we'd probably still be kayaking if my wife's shoulder hadn't got wrecked in a car accident.

When the rules to the Game of Life change, try to roll with it and carry on :thumb:

Curve of Time / Ex Moby Dick

US$ 187,447 https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1959/custom-north-sea-expedition-trawler-3141733/

9k=

Greetings,
I'm trying to figure out how girls sit differently than boys. Different women in WA???

200.webp

Some girls don't; they like to sit with legs spread. They usually are in the "red light" district. Wink, wink!! :dance:

Greetings,
Mr. A. "...in the "red light" district." I never would have thought that our Mr. NW would know about girls like "that". Hmmm....Ya think ya know someone and WHAM out of the blue...

200.webp

We’ve only known eachother for 12years.
That’s enough for me.

My issue w the boat is that the space right above the pottie is just too narrow to suite me.

There I said it w/o mentioning girls.

Some girls don't; they like to sit with legs spread. They usually are in the "red light" district. Wink, wink!! :dance:

Or Capitol Hill in Seattle...

6" thick hull... overall...???

I believe weight would preclude travel efficiency.

6" thick at keel to hull, transom to bottom or stem to prow sounds more in line with the way I've seen boats constructed. 1.5" for 2" thick hull is cannon-ball proof!! But, 6"???

It has an outer skin 1.5" thick, then 3" of foam, then an inner skin of 1.5" thick. That's obviously very strong but is not as strong as you think. Zopilote had a 1.5" thick hull (roughly) and it sank on its final leg around the world hitting an even-thicker rock off Alaska.

Originally Posted by Art View Post
6" thick hull... overall...???

I believe weight would preclude travel efficiency.

6" thick at keel to hull, transom to bottom or stem to prow sounds more in line with the way I've seen boats constructed. 1.5" for 2" thick hull is cannon-ball proof!! But, 6"???

It has an outer skin 1.5" thick, then 3" of foam, then an inner skin of 1.5" thick. That's obviously very strong but is not as strong as you think. Zopilote had a 1.5" thick hull (roughly) and it sank on its final leg around the world hitting an even-thicker rock off Alaska.

Notice I said "... cannon-ball proof!!" Not "... even-thicker rock..." proof! LOL

Thanks for description of what made-up the 6" thick hull.

Last edited:
Does anyone have information of this type of trawler yacht? Build quality? Seems to be quite rare and looks gooood!

My boat is just winterized and this is good therapy!

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2007/island-gypsy-solo-40-pilot-3062875/
There was a similar boat bought by a TF member. I`m having trouble finding his posts, but look at this : http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s23/halvorsen-42-sale-35876.html.
He posted lots of pics at purchase,was excited about the boat. Later he posted of his disappointment after discovering structural rot due to poor sealing of fittings, stating he would not recommend buying an IG.
I don`t think we worked out who built the boat. From memory it was not Jiang Hua who build Integrity and somehow secured the IG moulds. I do not think later IGs were built by the "Kong & Halvorsen" partnership which originally built boats so branded. All I can say is tread carefully and survey carefully.
A wander through the Halvorsen/IG Builders Section of the site may be rewarding.

Attachments

• A8F6E77D-D5D7-4314-923C-A5F884964C8B.jpg
    A8F6E77D-D5D7-4314-923C-A5F884964C8B.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 81
Check this one out guys. A deluxe, luxury trawler look with a planing hull and twin diesels, but is that a built-in 60 Yamaha O/B get home engine with a walk-around swim platform? Talk about ease of maintenance. Someone help me believe my eyes!

https://eaglecraft.bc.ca/portfolio-item/eaglecraft-43-pilothouse-cruiser/

WOW Larry - That's quite an Aluminum boat! Thanks for showing the link.

400 hp twin Volvo diesels, nearly 1 nmpg at 27 knots... top end of 31 knots. With a good sized get home o/b in walk around swim step! It's basically a large version of my 34' Tolly - On Jumped-Up Steroids!!

Gotta wonder why have a gasoline o/b taking up so much swimstep room when there are two diesel twins aboard?? Also...what happens to handling in a following sea; or, a confused sea? And... outdrives in water all the time?? - That one scares me regarding corrosion and lastability.

For s&g... Video at 2 min 48 seconds shows 48' Tollycraft out the rear window. LOL :D

Last edited:
Check this one out guys. A deluxe, luxury trawler look with a planing hull and twin diesels, but is that a built-in 60 Yamaha O/B get home engine with a walk-around swim platform? Talk about ease of maintenance. Someone help me believe my eyes!

https://eaglecraft.bc.ca/portfolio-item/eaglecraft-43-pilothouse-cruiser/

Nice. I wonder if it will still plane after we load it up with 2000 of necessary stuff.
I can't see maintaining the 2 inboards with that deck plate access.

But, a nice looking well equiped boat.

Last edited:
The only practical use for the optional outboard is for fishing. You'd need a lot more than the specified 15 gallons of gas for it to reasonably serve as a get-home. I've been on a few of their boats and they are really nice.

What Year, I was traveling around Asia in 1987...backpacking, Hard Seat, Friendship Stores...6 months..

First trip: 1970, Spain to Morocco to India overland via Afghanistan then Britain
2nd trip: 1982, Thailand to Sri Lanka to India
3rd trip: 1986 Bali to Thailand to Sri Lanka to India to Singapore to Philippines

Now that I look back I wasn’t really 20 at all. 17 for trip 1 and 29 and 33 for the others.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom