Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• devlin.jpg
    devlin.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 96
I’ve been on that Benford. If all boats are female, then this one is a brute of a German mountain woman by the name of Gotha!
:lol: “She is strong, this one...” (said with thick Russian accent)

She's beautiful for sure......BUT the 4 letter wood scares me (wood).

She’s composite...the wood is just the framing and has zero contact with water..That’s my understanding anyway..this style of building is coveted as very high quality, and had the expected lifespan of glass...Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in...

Always been a fan of Devlin boats, he does great interiors. Also felt that the big drawback of Sockeye series is the round stern. No swim step, no good way to have dinghy davits. Also the boats are really hard to get on and off of, they have pretty high freeboard, again no swim step or transom door. Not sure how you would get from the boat to a dinghy.

This is a beauty and includes a boathouse in Shelton WA. Even with the boathouse, she is expensive but looks like a brand new boat.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2003/devlin-sockeye-45-3597330/?refSource=standard listing

Always been a fan of Devlin boats, he does great interiors. Also felt that the big drawback of Sockeye series is the round stern. No swim step, no good way to have dinghy davits. Also the boats are really hard to get on and off of, they have pretty high freeboard, again no swim step or transom door. Not sure how you would get from the boat to a dinghy.

I am pretty sure either the builder or another craftsman will be happy to install these things for you.

When I had a N46, I had a stern door and a swim platform installed. Then a starboard cockpit door to match the port cockpit door. It greatly improved the boat IMO.
I will admit, I had and still have a fantastic craftsman. He still does work on my AT34.

There's enough space on that aft roof to power air conditioners from the sun only. That would make for some really green cruising (coastal of course).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 7.57.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 7.57.52 PM.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 76
There's enough space on that aft roof to power air conditioners from the sun only. That would make for some really green cruising (coastal of course).

Large enough for a 3 piece combo and 3 couples to dance. SMILE

Large enough for a 3 piece combo and 3 couples to dance. SMILE
Tons of room for solar up there. Or just a place to hang if the weather is right. Plus it already has a hot tub, on the second level beneath the speed boat. I mean, I don't need TWO hot tubs...:D

The boat looks top heavy enough w/o putting stuff up on that roof.
Yes localboy I still love the green.

Last edited:
In the description they say hull material is “wood”.

Showing their ignorance as the kind of wood is very important. Also the type of construction like carvel planked, double diagonal or strip planked. It’s of primary importance on a wood boat like this for sale.

Like all Garden boats ....... perfect.

Not exactly....

"constructed of epoxy coated double planked mahogany epoxied between layers and an ironwood keel."

I'd guess every designer has their fans...

Gorgeous boat. Can’t say much for the veranda though. Twin 555’s .....whew! Must be pretty noisy.

Gorgeous yellow Huckins Fairform Flyer coming out of the paint booth at Huckins yard.

We're here getting some bottom paint.....

Attachments

• 20191015_094706.jpg
    20191015_094706.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 20191015_102422.jpg
    20191015_102422.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I didn't know Huckins was still making boats until about a month ago. I shared some locks with a smaller model that looked a lot like this one. Cool boats.

Huckins PT boats never saw action. Training only.
They will still build you one on a custom basis. Lots of nice Huckins around Jax.

Nice grey hull under construction.....

Attachments

• 20191015_153521.jpg
    20191015_153521.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 112
  • 20191015_153427.jpg
    20191015_153427.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 123
Back
Top Bottom