Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Post #1 of this long thread from May of 2013 called out the Romsdal, Ulysses which was berthed at Homeport Marina in Louisiana at the time. Here she is today (top) in Blaine, WA.

Also of interest in Blaine today was Sovereign of Malahide pictured here (bottom). Is this really a Malahide?

Attachments

• Ulysses.jpg
    Ulysses.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Malahide.jpg
    Malahide.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Post #1 of this long thread from May of 2013 called out the Romsdal, Ulysses which was berthed at Homeport Marina in Louisiana at the time. Here she is today (top) in Blaine, WA.

Also of interest in Blaine today was Sovereign of Malahide pictured here (bottom). Is this really a Malahide?
Sovereign of Malahide was prominently featured in an shipyard ad in the back of WoodenBoat magazine a few years back for several issues.

She's the real deal.

East coast please, I really want a Dutch Steel....they have a design philosophy that appeals to me...I regularly check out Devalk....I think that’s the name...

Nicely equipped. I wonder what "gerubbered teak in 2011" means? Sanded, new caulk? Anyway, how much is transport to the Westcoast?:eek:

70K-ish would likely get her to Vancouver BC. Raven Offshore Yacht Shipping
Genecorp's boat is not a carbon copy of my hull and house but very similar for sure. The Dutch workmanship on the interior is familiar and predictable. Well found vessels in my view.

Attachments

• Websitefoto_-_Twillert_Kotter.jpg
    Websitefoto_-_Twillert_Kotter.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Libra side view.jpg
    Libra side view.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 114
I thought of you and your vessel as soon as I came across her...This might be the route I go..Maybe spend some time around Europe and then send her home , maybe on her own bottom, we will see...Regards..

70K-ish would likely get her to Vancouver BC. Raven Offshore Yacht Shipping

Genecorp's boat is not a carbon copy of my hull and house but very similar for sure. The Dutch workmanship on the interior is familiar and predictable. Well found vessels in my view.

Boy, those sure are pretty ships.

Nicely equipped. I wonder what "gerubbered teak in 2011" means? Sanded, new caulk? Anyway, how much is transport to the Westcoast?:eek:

Now that is a lot of boat for about $300,000 USD

can't or won't advise, but thats a badass boat!

LOL; my wife would strongly disagree with you. You can tell that this boat was designed by a dude. I mean, you have to walk through a beautiful, well organized engine room to get to the master. Sounds like heaven to me!

Those stairs are a deal breaker. My knees hurt just looking at them...

Nice wheel. I wonder if he'll sell it separately :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 7.11.24 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 7.11.24 AM.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 7.11.40 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 7.11.40 AM.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 88
LOL; my wife would strongly disagree with you. You can tell that this boat was designed by a dude. I mean, you have to walk through a beautiful, well organized engine room to get to the master. Sounds like heaven to me!
I agree with your wife. I think it's a very interesting boat, but there's a difference between interesting and wanting to live on it for months. Part of what I like so much about trawlers versus sailboats is living above deck as opposed to in the cave when at anchor or a marina while cruising.

Just my opinion.

Ted

I agree with your wife. I think it's a very interesting boat, but there's a difference between interesting and wanting to live on it for months. Part of what I like so much about trawlers versus sailboats is living above deck as opposed to in the cave when at anchor or a marina while cruising.

Just my opinion.

Ted

Excellent point Ted; the below deck aspect of this boat is certainly cave like.

Is anyone bothered by the ceramic tiles in the engine room? They look to me like a slip and fall waiting to happen.

How about that hose running through the stateroom?

The ad claims it was built by Nordic Tugs but the displayed plaque says "Pacific by Dickinson". Some one must be confused.

Neither stateroom looks very couple friendly.

But really a nice looking boat.

There are MANY good looking well equipped, full displacement boats out there, at a reasonable price that actually look like a trawler.
Alas, I own a boat. (Correctly stated, the finance company and I own the boat.)
I would hope the 'next generation' will pick up these boats and at least move aboard while they wait for retirement. SMILE
We can always nit-pick but, I doubt if any of us would turn them down if the situation was different.

Tiles can be non-slip. I have those in the head of my boat.

The "hoses"running through the "stateroom" (I'd call it the foscle) are the chainpipes, which are nicely covered with decorative marlinespike. Which would also make a good hand hold.

"Pacific by Dickinson" is the plaque on the diesel cook stove. Very common in Washington, BC, and Alaska. Not so common in Florida :).

Is anyone bothered by the ceramic tiles in the engine room? They look to me like a slip and fall waiting to happen.

How about that hose running through the stateroom?

The ad claims it was built by Nordic Tugs but the displayed plaque says "Pacific by Dickinson". Some one must be confused.

Neither stateroom looks very couple friendly.

But really a nice looking boat.

Last edited:
you better apease the admiral and let this one get away..
I would agree that this boat is one hell uv a nice ship. I also agree with SoF's advise to "let this one get away." Too much to maintain unless you have the time and money to keep her looking like the photos.:hide:

I like Galt Won very much. The price seems reasonable, to me.

Back
Top Bottom