Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Romsdal 55 Torsk up for sale ???????

EPM-615_1.jpg

https://www.tradeboats.com.au/detail/custom-romsdal-55-trawler-672573

I paddle by a boat on my usual route that looks exactly like that Romsdal 55. There is never anyone aboard. I think that is it.

There are only three. Ulysses, a 52', Torsk and Delfin @ 55'. Torsk was cosmetically restored, meaning there are still a few issues buried a bit. That said, the price seems very reasonable, at least to me.

[FONT=&quot]This showed up on YW today. Allegedly, she was built in Scotland to be an expedition research boat in 1975 but was gutted and refit in 2008. Not sure if the hull was meant to be stealth black or she needs a couple of coats of Awlgrip. Check out the pics of the hull on the hard where you will notice zincs at every 8-9’. No stabilizers but maybe with the draft and hull design, they aren’t needed. I am not liking the pilot house windows. Pricing seems wildly unrealistic.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2008/halmatic-expedition-trawler-3515345/?refSource=enhanced%20listing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I find this one interesting but not necessarily good. The Halmatic boat has twin engines, and a single rudder. I'll bet that wasn't standard equipment. I wonder how dead this boat is on the helm since you never have the full flow of the props over the rudder.

Last edited:
The fiberglass trawler on the left is garnering so many positive comments, while the husky steel boat on the right, at nearly 1/4 the price, does not seem to be pushing anyone's buttons.

Assuming that it's your money you're spending, I'm curious how much it may be the steel versus fiberglass issue, or what other factors.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 10.03.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 10.03.33 PM.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 124

Interesting. I followed this boat when it was for sale in the Adriatic and then got up close to it in Cannes last Fall. It is a nice boat for sure.
I was also up close to Delfin in the Fall of 2017.
I agree with Delfin's owner that the Torsk is a work in progress. Delfin, on the other hand, is not. Complete as a boat can be, pristine as if it were just commissioned.

Twins driving a single prop for those that like to look at engines. :)
Very economical, easy to run on one engine or shut one down for maintenance.

Attachments

• IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1208.JPG
    IMG_1208.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 113
Twins driving a single prop for those that like to look at engines. :)
Very economical, easy to run on one engine or shut one down for maintenance.

Wow! Very nice...

Is Your "Boat" Arun Series GRP-Hull Boat Halmatic Shipyard?

NBs

Just say No....

Our 60 handles it better than the 55
And a 65 would handle it better than our 60.
Very comfortable though and 95% of our time as a liveaboard is at anchor and the 5% underway can be timed for favourable weather so comfort vs ultimate sea keeping abilities in the worst of weather that we'll probably never see makes more sense.

Last edited:
Real nice Willard. Man... I've seen clean engines before... but, none any cleaner that that boat's diesel!

I know the seller and have been on this boat several times. It has cruised to and from AK many times, including passages on the Gulf of Alaska. It’s a great buy for a skipper wanting a sturdy, economical trawler. I’m a previous Willard 40 owner (Northstar) and am writing this on my way to La Paz, MX where I’ll spend a week cruising on another W40 (Liliana) :)).

1936 Cris Craft...lots more pictures here:

1936 Chris Craft 28' Wooden Cabin Cruiser for Sale

OMG - That Chris takes my breath away! :dance:

For years in my young life we spent countless hours, days, weeks, even months aboard our 1948 23' Chris Craft Express with single screw 115 hp. Chrysler Crown engine.

I was about 6 when dad found her [we had a 16' cabined o/b cruiser before that]. She had good bones but needed refurbishment. I remember well the first day we boarded her; she was on the hard in a NY winter. Dad immediately set to it for getting her ready for that summer. I was with him the whole way... cause... I love to work and was good hand even though quite young. As the years passed I cut my teeth on that wood boat for repair, maintenance and a whole bunch of fun time family cruising. We'd go all over in our Chris. Often to Block Island and many cruises where we'd spend up to a month aboard. April through October, nary a weekend passed where we were not aboard Friday night to Sunday eve. Swimming galore!!! Beach fires to die for. And much fishing too. Every year we'd stock the home chest type freezer full of fish for winter months.

At my 14th year dad bought a [1951 keel laid] single screw 38' sport fisher raised deck, flying bridge one-off custom beauty that needed much refinishing,. He and I worked our butts off on that boat. She became a jewel with new 185 hp. Perkins diesel power; after her 155 hp. Nordberg Knight gasser was past prime.

We did a lot of long range New England coastal cruising in that stout, seaworthy, roomy and very pretty baby!! Having - my 13'3" 1961 Boston Whaler equipped with 1964 40 HP. Johnson in tow... or, often me being in the Whaler cruising along side and/or racing forward to scout anchorages we could hove to [i.e. anchor out] for the night.

Those were the days... my friend!! :thumb: :D :speed boat:

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. B. Excuse me? AMC designed wonderful cars IMO.
Drove one of these for several years. SOLID!

iu

Thirty five years ago I rented one for skiing. Massive snow storm in the Rockies with many highways snarled or shutdown. With its great 4wd setup we went did great. Long before the ubiquitous AWD setups that followed. A real collectors item today to buy and hang on to. Along with the AMC Javelin that is even higher on the want it list.

OMG - That Chris takes my breath away! :dance:

For years in my young life we spent countless hours, days, weeks, even months aboard our 1948 23' Chris Craft Express with single screw 115 hp. Chrysler Crown engine.

I was about 6 when dad found her [we had a 16' cabined o/b cruiser before that]. She had good bones but needed refurbishment. I remember well the first day we boarded her; she was on the hard in a NY winter. Dad immediately set to it for getting her ready for that summer. I was with him the whole way... cause... I love to work and was good hand even though quite young. As the years passed I cut my teeth on that wood boat for repair, maintenance and a whole bunch of fun time family cruising. We'd go all over in our Chris. Often to Block Island and many cruises where we'd spend up to a month aboard. April through October, nary a weekend passed where we were not aboard Friday night to Sunday eve. Swimming galore!!! Beach fires to die for. And much fishing too. Every year we'd stock the home chest type freezer full of fish for winter months.

At my 14th year dad bought a [1951 keel laid] single screw 38' sport fisher raised deck, flying bridge one-off custom beauty that needed much refinishing,. He and I worked our butts off on that boat. She became a jewel with new 185 hp. Perkins diesel power; after her 155 hp. Nordberg Knight gasser was past prime.

We did a lot of long range New England coastal cruising in that stout, seaworthy, roomy and very pretty baby!! Having - my 13'3" 1961 Boston Whaler equipped with 1964 40 HP. Johnson in tow... or, often me being in the Whaler cruising along side and/or racing forward to scout anchorages we could hove to [i.e. anchor out] for the night.

Those were the days... my friend!! :thumb: :D :speed boat:

Good memories

Attachments

• Iron Will.jpg
    Iron Will.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 86
Anyone know the story behind Iron Will? She is advertised as a 2007 custom Scott Sprague but looks like an older boat design. Even Mark Pierce would like this one - she is a steel hull powered by a 120hp Lugger. Doesn't seem like a bad price for a 48' boat but the beam is relatively narrow. Why are all the cool boats on the west coast?

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2007/custom-sprague-3517447/?refSource=standard listing

4 things wrong. 1. apparently no A/C 2. needs hydraulic stabilizers
3. I did not see a mention of a generator 4. wrong coast SIGH

Last edited:
4 things wrong. 1. apparently no A/C 2. needs hydraulic stabilizers
3. I did not see a mention of a generator 4. wrong coast SIGH

It does have a Northern Lights genny and it seems to have both paravanes and a centering sail. But you are right, the spec description is extremely poor.

It does have a Northern Lights genny and it seems to have both paravanes and a centering sail. But you are right, the spec description is extremely poor.

I like the get home. Had one on my N46
Well, got the undetermined size of the generator. Down to 3 items.

Iron Will

Don't know if Admiral would enjoy standing on the v-birth to do laundry!:ermm:

Anyone know the story behind Iron Will? She is advertised as a 2007 custom Scott Sprague but looks like an older boat design. Even Mark Pierce would like this one - she is a steel hull powered by a 120hp Lugger. Doesn't seem like a bad price for a 48' boat but the beam is relatively narrow. Why are all the cool boats on the west coast?

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2007/custom-sprague-3517447/?refSource=standard listing

I don't know the story on her but can confirm that she looks as good in real life as she does on this screen. She lies at the end of my dock so I am forced
to oogle her quite often. Very nice. I have always wanted to run into her owner or watch her leave the harbor but have not had the occasion for either.

With 1,100 gallons of fuel and 600 gallons of water it's built to make long meandering explorations on either side of the Inside Passage, yet, only has about 55 hours a year on the engine. Someone had a dream, then Life must have thrown some complications their way...

I like the interior styling; fine workboat as opposed to opulent overindulgence :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom