Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This looks interesting for 18,500.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Pearson-43-Motoryacht-Used/123640818525

s-l1600.jpg

Greetings,
Mr. L_t. Good call on the Home Depot windows. Also looks like some creative chain saw work on the shear lines...$18K?...Maybe not.

200w.webp

So RT,
What’s the matter w buying a boat for what it’s worth?

If she had all the propper marine stuff she’d prolly be $18,000 more money.

I wonder what are all these SS closing plates each side of the hull, looks like the owner closed all intake or whatever were these each side of the hull.
Another thing, not sure but windows looks like house pvc window!!!

L
Interesting, right? Yep those are house winders. Not to sure on the plates. she's an odd duck, er boat.

shame to see one this neglected.

Not for me. I already did the “40 year old project boat” thing. But kudos to the owner. Seems like he lived his life and enjoyed adventures around the world. Rest In Peace captain.

BTW the photos remind me of why I hate heavy wood interiors. If professionally finished and well cared for then they look like artwork. Otherwise they turn to crap really quickly or look cheap. And dark like a tomb.

4000 of fuel? Filling those tanks would set me back.

Sure. He gets only 1nmpg and perhaps you get 2.5 or 3, but how many miles per year does the average person cruise? If only hanging locally in the Bahamas or sitting around in the Carib, then that tank could last a couple of years (I recall Simi made a similar comment about his lifestyle). And look at the massive boat you get at 90 tons!

BTW the photos remind me of why I hate heavy wood interiors. If professionally finished and well cared for then they look like artwork. Otherwise they turn to crap really quickly or look cheap. And dark like a tomb.
Give it a sand slap on some white or whatever colour you want.

That'd be a nice dink for a big boat. :thumb:

That's the first thing that came to mind. Then went and looked at the weight. 640 lbs is pretty light consider the cabin and length. It would definitely get some looks. Now if the made the top look a nordhaven. That would look sharp.

Kinda flat in the buttock. Semi-displacement no doubt.

Attachments

• 92CA06CE-10A2-4002-90F2-996072BF3AFF.jpg
    92CA06CE-10A2-4002-90F2-996072BF3AFF.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 106
Have you guys seen this? It is an interesting layout, where the salon is the master suite with a galley down. The guy has photos of the engine but didn't put them on the YW listing. I contacted the broker and got the link... Kinda stupid not to post engine photos.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2013/bruce-roberts-custom-steel-trawler-3176768/

Engine photos are here:
Boat Pics engine room

I'm not related to this other than having seen it on YW.

Yeah this boat was posted here not too long ago. It’s definitely different looking!

From the description, the hull is steel, and the rest is wood...

There was an article about it in passagemaker sometime in the past.

Have you guys seen this? It is an interesting layout, where the salon is the master suite with a galley down. The guy has photos of the engine but didn't put them on the YW listing. I contacted the broker and got the link... Kinda stupid not to post engine photos.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2013/bruce-roberts-custom-steel-trawler-3176768/

Engine photos are here:
Boat Pics engine room

I'm not related to this other than having seen it on YW.

That looks like something American Motors Corporation would have built in the seventies. ( they built the Pacer, Gremlin, and Matador )

1984 4x4 Eagle!

I had an Ambassador for a while...

Folks had a 1957 station wagon too.

Now I keep a 1967 Buick Wildcat as our "Sunday" driver.

Last edited:
Have you guys seen this? It is an interesting layout, where the salon is the master suite with a galley down.

I had a galley down on my 1950's Burger, and even though it gave a huge salon, I didn't like it. Nowadays most of us realize that the kitchen is the #1 most important room in a house, and the galley is equally important in a boat. There was an interesting thread on TF a couple years ago about galley up versus down.

I had a galley down on my 1950's Burger, and even though it gave a huge salon, I didn't like it. Nowadays most of us realize that the kitchen is the #1 most important room in a house, and the galley is equally important in a boat. There was an interesting thread on TF a couple years ago about galley up versus down.

And the galley on this boat doubles as a guest cabin. Not ideal. Get a cup of Joe and see your guests in their skivvies!

Had a 69 Hurst Rambler that paid for itself a couple of times. The ultimate 300 hp class street muscle car sleeper.

Back
Top Bottom