Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One anhother interresting one

Unfortunately in need of care...In my point of view too big engines, to big windows, but interesting one

Attachments

• IMG_20180912_120658.jpg
    IMG_20180912_120658.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 100_1991.jpg
    100_1991.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 168
  • Silhouette Pacific 72 - Copie - Copie.jpg
    Silhouette Pacific 72 - Copie - Copie.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 165
Unfortunately in need of care...In my point of view too big engines, to big windows, but interesting one

Hull Material:
Aluminum

Windows do not appear to be larger than the ones on my old Nordhavn46.

Seen at Baltimore Fleet Week 2018. "Columbia"

Attachments

• Columbia.jpg
    Columbia.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 159
Textbook FD bow/hull waves. Lovely boat.

Too much :)

L

For some!

Beautiful spacious interior and nice exterior. Bow wave is simply too much... they just pushing her hard in those photos? Bad show n' tell for sales ad - IMO. That much bow wave and it seems to me "sipping" fuel could turn into a guzzle. Inflatable dink... flotation for the boat in emergency? Didn't see how to get dink out of that storage placement area??

Last edited:
Textbook FD bow/hull waves. Lovely boat.

Yes Bruce I was immediately Struck by same. I see Art was too. Even I fell for the need to go full speed ahead for the camera. Many to most of my pics of Willy are at full bore. But see the transom is clear of the water even at top speed. No big hump of a following wake astern close to the transom. That tells of the slack lines under her after sections. But in defense I think everybody tends to go full bore for pics. I’ll remember this the next time I’m photo shooting Willy. But Willy isn’t as overpowered as this boat.

The other equally striking thing about this boat is her very very unclutered topsides. Again even I wouldn’t go this far. Nowhere is there seen bow pulpits, railings, dinghies, or any other clutter. The real boat comes boldly forth like a grand subject presenting herself to the queen. And then the bridge windows. Wow. This boat is a parade of perfect images of form and function. And they even put the rubber duckie down below, out of sight where it belongs if it belongs aboard at all. Perhaps they view it as I do .. a lifeboat.

Wanting to comment on the interior .. beautiful. But I’m out of eloquent words. Here is a boat we should all aspire to have as our own. Only negatives are that she’s too big (for my taste) and expensive and the engine is too cluttered and industrial looking.

Bill (klee wyck) should be given a prize or even a drunken party at the Hilton for posting this stunning boat. Thank you Bill!

Last edited:
Interesting?
57' aluminum cruiser with 450 hour keel cooled Gardner sipping 2.5 gallons per hour at cruise, fin stabilized, round bilged. Nice accommodations.

https://www.devalk.nl/en/yachtbrokerage/251575/DE-VRIES-LENTSCH-MY.html

That is a beautiful boat but that pesky price and draft put that beauty out of reach. :nonono:

For some!

Beautiful spacious interior and nice exterior. Bow wave is simply too much... they just pushing her hard in those photos? Bad show n' tell for sales ad - IMO. That much bow wave and it seems to me "sipping" fuel could turn into a guzzle. Inflatable dink... flotation for the boat in emergency? Didn't see how to get dink out of that storage placement area??

For most. :rofl:

I believe if she was running conservatively, she wouldn't plow up a wake and guzzle fuel like a frat house binger. I think the dink is either lifted out through a deck hatch or something techy that allows it to be shat out the transom. :lol:

No light and airy cabin and no king size bed
No easy access walk through transom ( offloading a months worth of heavy supplies would be a pita)
And yes, big wave almost reaching the hawsepipe in flat water is a cause for concern for me and not a fan of side loading anchors in general.

No light and airy cabin and no king size bed
No easy access walk through transom ( offloading a months worth of heavy supplies would be a pita)
And yes, big wave almost reaching the hawsepipe in flat water is a cause for concern for me and not a fan of side loading anchors in general.

Yes totally amazing no king size bed. Thats the very first thing to turn a wife off we have rejected 60% of boats for that very reason and was a mistake we made buying the IG32

Nowhere is there seen bow pulpits, railings, dinghies, or any other clutter. The real boat comes boldly forth like a grand subject presenting herself to the queen. And then the bridge windows. Wow. This boat is a parade of perfect images of form and function. And they even put the rubber duckie down below, out of sight where it belongs if it belongs aboard at all....

Thank you Bill!

Well said!

What a beautiful statement that boat makes.

Well said!

What a beautiful statement that boat makes.

The statement it makes is that it probably doesn't get used for anymore than a jaunt down the river before being tied to a berth and having a team clean her up

Actual liveaboard usage and cruising reality will change things.

Many large boats in 'my' marina dont go anywhere or to the Bahamas for a vacation and then back to the slip here.
Most of the large boats here do not have a captain or crew onboard. That means a "learning curve" each time it goes out.
At least it has 3 staterooms, one for the Captain and his wife or 'house mouse' to cook and clean and the other stateroom for guests.
Is the price quoted in French currency or Aussie dollars?

The statement it makes is that it probably doesn't get used for anymore than a jaunt down the river before being tied to a berth and having a team clean her up

Actual liveaboard usage and cruising reality will change things.

I recognize that two people can look at the same thing and see something differently.
I am also aware that there exists some level of skepticism around the marine ratings agencies. However, they are as close to an independent and qualified examiner of seakeeping ability we have available for this discussion and difference of opinion on the capabilities of this particular boat.

Since this boat was manufactured and sold in Europe in 2013, it has a requirement that it be rated by the National Marine Manufacturers Association under the supervision of the International Marine Certification Institute. While I am sure that many don't give a hoot, when I am shopping, I do pay pretty close attention to this rating system unless there are specific stability tests available which there are mostly not.

This vessel was rated CE A and the specification for that rating is pasted here.

Definitions: A. OCEAN: Designed for extended voyages where conditions may exceed wind force 8 (Beaufort scale) scale) and significant wave heights of 4 m and above, and vessels largely selfsufficient. B

Now, perhaps Simi has more insight into whether or not this boat would float on a mill pond, but others claiming expertise in the subject see it as quite sea worthy.
I would feel quite safe on this boat about anywhere I expect.

As to the comment on lacking light and airy cabins....I am not sure what further attribute beyond wall to wall windows and opening doors in the pilot house and salon it would take to qualify for this designation so I will leave it at that.:angel:

The other thing I have often noticed when looking at boats is that when the hull and exterior of a boat are as well conceived and clean lined as this boat is, the mechanical systems are often well found with fine engineering, design, and workmanship as well That is what I see in this boat. Gardner main with dry stack and keel cooling, Northern Lights genny, and robust electrical system. I can never see myself undertaking a build, but if I did, it would look a lot like this.

Bill

Seen In Petersburg

They say, "paint sells..."

Attachments

• ruin-Petersburg.JPG
    ruin-Petersburg.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 101
Nice Willard

Ran across this Willard 30 in Petersburg in July. Looks showroom fresh! Amazingly, the owners were neighbors of mine in Alaska.

Attachments

• auklet.JPG
    auklet.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 103
They say, "paint sells..."

Oh, what I would do with that. It would make a great lake boat here after a resto.

Ran across this Willard 30 in Petersburg in July. Looks showroom fresh! Amazingly, the owners were neighbors of mine in Alaska.

That is a really sweet Willy. I like the way the cabin is laid out, from the outside anyway.

OK, here's a drool fest for you all.... stroll around this site for a while... PLENTY of not-so-run o' the mill stuff....

https://www.doevemakelaar.nl/en/

And before you get any ideas, unless it's coming on it's own bottom it's $$$$ to get it here. Trust me, I do the math every day.

Now, perhaps Simi has more insight into whether or not this boat would float on a mill pond, but others claiming expertise in the subject see it as quite sea worthy.
I would feel quite safe on this boat about anywhere I expect.

I made no mention of stability or sea keeping abilities.
I made my comment on the simple fact that in the pics there is nothing in it and nothing on deck.
A boat that is actually used especially a cruiser and or live aboard boat will look lived in, like a house does.

In the pics it seems to be on a river.
Its level of Immaculateness suggests it gets detailed more than used
That's all I was saying

As to the comment on lacking light and airy cabins....I am not sure what further attribute beyond wall to wall windows and opening doors in the pilot house and salon it would take to qualify for this designation so I will leave it at that.:angel:

I refuse to have a boat where I sleep below deck near hot engines and invariably require air conditioning.
I prefer our top deck cabin, that opens onto a covered balcony at back.
Plenty of windows, ventilation and light and generous overhangs to keep direct sun and rain out.
No air conditioning required and a few short steps from the wheelhouse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom