Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Cammenga is a beauty...the age of steel concerns me even though I don’t know if it should, it had some patching and refitting done some years ago...it has a Gardner Engine I think...

Most boats are just big and expensive.
This one is truly interesting!

Dang purdy for sure, but the 5’3” draft would keep us from sneaking into some amazing places protected by skinny water and from sneaking up to photograph animals on rocks or ashore.

If money were no object, this Dave Gerr design for a 76’ beachable boat with 3’6” draft (box keel and tunnel protected prop) would be near the top of our list;

KESTREL

Last edited:
Can we get a moritorium on posting Migrant. She has been on here before, and I’ve taken a long, long, long review of her a number of times. Her renovation is getting a little dated. I don’t mean style wise, she is beautiful. No, I mean, just how many years can a fellow really get before needing to repeat the last and that was one really expensive Reno. At least, this is what I tell myself to keep from doing something I won’t regret for about 20 years when it’s too late to recover.

48' Durbeck

This 48' Custom Durbeck North Sea trawler showed up on YW today. Doesn't seem unreasonably priced but wonder how you can call it a "classic expedition trawler" when she only carries 600 gals of fuel. I used to be able to save jpg images with Firefox but that feature seems to have disappeared (thanks Firefox) So here is the link:

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/19...d/RI/United-States?refSource=enhanced listing

This 48' Custom Durbeck North Sea trawler showed up on YW today. Doesn't seem unreasonably priced but wonder how you can call it a "classic expedition trawler" when she only carries 600 gals of fuel. I used to be able to save jpg images with Firefox but that feature seems to have disappeared (thanks Firefox) So here is the link:

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/19...d/RI/United-States?refSource=enhanced listing

The boat does show well in the pictures.
I would think a 46ft boat would have 2 staterooms and 2 heads. SHRUG
600gal fuel is more than enough to get far enough. I gage it as 'from Key West up the east coast.' refueling and getting to Bermuda.
No mention of stabilizers, that I saw.

I would think a 46ft boat would have 2 staterooms and 2 heads. SHRUG
600gal fuel is more than enough to get far enough. I gage it as 'from Key West up the east coast.' refueling and getting to Bermuda.
No mention of stabilizers, that I saw.

Agree the layout doesn't appear to be good and it should be a 2/2. There must be a lot of wasted space since it has an almost 16' beam.

Doesn't mention fuel economy but would be surprised if it gets much more than a nautical mile per gallon. Don't think I would want to chance a trip to Bermuda.

At the very end of the full specs, it mentions it has Naiad stabilizers.

They're all interesting, aren't they?

(Prince Rupert, north coast BC, Canada)

Attachments

• DSCF1136.jpg
    DSCF1136.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 170
Interesting lines...

Attachments

• DSCF1141.jpg
    DSCF1141.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 152
My wife, daughter, mother-in-law and I drove to Prince Rupert today...they had fun shopping & I wandered with my camera.

Another interesting one...

Attachments

• DSCF1127.jpg
    DSCF1127.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 133
Durbeck 48'

Here is a pic of the Durbeck 48' on YW.

Attachments

• Durbecck.jpg
    Durbecck.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 126
Interesting lines...

Murray,
My mother painted lines like that (oil paintings) but usually many more boats. In Juneau there were lots of fish boats, rigging and spars to make reflections.
That’s when I started my dock walking days. I’ wandered everywhere the floats would carry me. Still wandering around but usually in some kind of vehicle. When we came south on the steamer mom gave me the run of the ship, much to the horror of other mothers on board.

In Juneau the “facilities” at that time was a two hole outhouse at the end of every other finger float. I could look down the holes and see starfish and actual fish in the water. No reflections. Flushing was provided by the huge tides and tidal currents from the 23’ tides.

Murray,
My mother painted lines like that (oil paintings) but usually many more boats. In Juneau there were lots of fish boats, rigging and spars to make reflections.
That’s when I started my dock walking days. I’ wandered everywhere the floats would carry me. Still wandering around but usually in some kind of vehicle. When we came south on the steamer mom gave me the run of the ship, much to the horror of other mothers on board. B

In Juneau the “facilities” at that time was a two hole outhouse at the end of every other finger float. I could look down the holes and see starfish and actual fish in the water. No reflections. Flushing was provided by the huge tides and tidal currents from the 23’ tides.

Glad the composition brought back some good memories, Eric.

Murray,
That’s when I started my dock walking days. I’ wandered everywhere the floats would carry me. Still wandering around but usually in some kind of vehicle. When we came south on the steamer mom gave me the run of the ship, much to the horror of other mothers on board.

Bet that was a fragrant place when the it was frozen over.

Here are a couple of sweet Chesapeake Bay Buy boats .

Attachments

• 7AE8FA73-CAA5-43AC-AD60-BBE03A714595.jpg
    7AE8FA73-CAA5-43AC-AD60-BBE03A714595.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 43D80548-8773-4800-9222-7527CBEEC45E.jpg
    43D80548-8773-4800-9222-7527CBEEC45E.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Here’s another picture Dan .

Attachments

• E1BED3C9-27B1-41B3-A706-4C859588ECE3.jpg
    E1BED3C9-27B1-41B3-A706-4C859588ECE3.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 96
Here’s another picture Dan .

Thanks. I checked out the URL you sent. Could not find a line drawing nor dimensions etc.

Looks like the perfect boat for a slow turning engine and propeller

Last edited:
Thanks. I checked out the URL you sent. Could not find a line drawing nor dimensions etc.

Looks like the perfect boat for a slow turning engine and propeller
I can’t find any either , only for scaled models at Chesapeake Bay Deadrise Deck Boats

Bet that was a fragrant place when the it was frozen over.

You could say... those OH's would not only freeze over but also freeze upward; sorta like a pyramid-mountain, ever gaining altitude as the winter continues! :eek:

:lol:

Check out the Chesapeake Bay Buyboat Association Site

Marty: What are you doing here. That’s your kind of boat, and one of the few quality replacements I’ve seen for William!

Dan wrote;

Looks like the perfect boat for a slow turning engine and propeller[/QUOTE]

Has nothing to do w slow turning except for romantic notions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom