Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Al - That's crazy shat! Plenty bar fights at day close. Those were the days!!

Last edited:
And now some calming words.

What The?!?!?!?!?!

Yep, it's your average every day run of the mill 2 liter bottle boat.

zandvleitrust-dot-org-dot-za.jpg

Food Storage and Survival – Top 10+ Prepper Uses for 2 Liter Bottles

al, and others...those movies take me back to the good ole days! i remember when fishing off the south side of san juan island, in the late 40`s 50`s, there were lots of fish..when the fish showed up, there were almost 200+ boats off eagle point, and where the old alaska packers trap was, etc...we used skiffs with leads then, and after closing up we then had to pick the lead up, by going under 3 or four leads of boats that that set after us! was wild kinda like the herring fishing! i have 3 book by william mccloskey, 1st one is called 'highliners'...good book! he wrote several more...mostly aound kodiak...once we stopped too fish at yuyak bay to see if there were any fish around...we were headed home from false pass..when we got back to the san juans, the return of the huge return of the adam river canadian sockey run went thru our islands, and we could set blindfolded, and get up to 10,000 in one haul! $.28 a pound! i think my share was around $7,000 for the summer! helped with school every winter!...more later...clyde

Interesting you used the metric term Liter and not ounces/pints has America caught up with the rest of the world in the last 40+ years :hide:
Almost. It`s spelt "litre".:)

Pilgram 40' at Trawlerfest

I saw this 'old boat' styled boat at trawlerfest in Riviera Beach...

1987 Pilgrim 40 Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Nice small boat with a single westerbeke engine and bow thruster.

The open array radar was about head height on the flybridge, not good for me.

It also had AC & propane + diesel heat. Small compact boat with shallow draft.

It had more headroom for me than a Swift Trawler (frenchies must be shorter).

Attachments

• DSCN0280.jpg
    DSCN0280.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN0281.jpg
    DSCN0281.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN0282.jpg
    DSCN0282.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCN0283.jpg
    DSCN0283.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN0284.jpg
    DSCN0284.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 143
cute little boat

stubones99,
That Pilgrim is about the most efficient trawler hull you'll ever see.

I'm not knocking it guys... for some reason, it's the only boat I took pictures of at Trawlerfest. I loved the use of space on Papillon, table top that stows under the cockpit ceiling that makes both stern tables into a big single table top. Swing up ladder for more cockpit space.

The open array radar antenna was right at head level for me on the flybridge. I would have assumed the higher power, longer range radar would have been mounted higher on the mast???? Not at brain baking level.

Mom says I'm part french huguenot so I shouldn't crack on the french. Still have bump on my head where I stood up in the lower helm of the Swift Trawler and hit the ceiling. The guy was showing off the little step that folds down for shorter people?? How about an extra headroom model for non-midgets?

The stabilizers on that boat make it the most complicated Pilgrim around. Not really understanding the need for stabilizers on this coastal cruiser.

The stabilizers on that boat make it the most complicated Pilgrim around. Not really understanding the need for stabilizers on this coastal cruiser.

Reason; A lot of wine! :lol:

i remember when those hit the market, they were pretty, but more of a ginger bread etc, type of boat! i guessed they would be great for inland, ie, lakes/bays, etc, interior was funky, not efficient at all, cute, but don`t go anywhere!...clyde

Does anyone want a sailboat without a mast?

1999 New England Boatworks Ultra Light Displacement Trawler Power Boat For Sale

This one has sailboat written all over it, but it lack a mast. They even have dual steering systems (all external) just like a sailboat. 80' long and 2 cabins. Single engine with a bow thruster. Not sure if you can remote control the autopilot from below in heavy weather, but should you even be out in heavy weather in this boat?

Odd - perhaps I should have posted it in the UFO page...

Ufo

This one has sailboat written all over it, but it lack a mast. They even have dual steering systems (all external) just like a sailboat. 80' long and 2 cabins. Single engine with a bow thruster. Not sure if you can remote control the autopilot from below in heavy weather, but should you even be out in heavy weather in this boat?

Thanks for interesting link. Yes you are right, UFO page would been more appropriate ??

Greetings,
If my ciphering is right her maximum range is about 700nm +/-. Listing says "capable of long passages". Not quite long enough to get one across the pond. Hmmm...everything's relevant I suppose.

Last edited:

US$ 850,000 ??????????? Pigs might fly serious ??? I just cant see any value and who would buy it and if you did who could you sell it to ?

US$ 850,000 ??????????? Pigs might fly serious ??? I just cant see any value and who would buy it and if you did who could you sell it to ?

Recently covered in Passagemaker. It was a high-tech sailboat that was converted to a long-range cruiser by the owner.

That was my first thought for an economical and seaworthy trawler. A sailboat w a trawler house and no mast or rigging. And w a much smaller keel. Would'a been more efficient than my Willard but Willy's not far off.

That boat would'nt interest me w the poor visability fwd.

Recently covered in Passagemaker. It was a high-tech sailboat that was converted to a long-range cruiser by the owner.

A brick is a brick by no other name and a rose is a rose that so called cruiser is a sailboat without a sail. Or as my grandfather would say it was a great idea at the time .;)

Not for me and @ $850000 he is dreaming IMO $150000 and I would be afraid I wouldn't get my $$ back in 12 months time .

A few years ago I posted some shots I took of a pair of brand new net boats that had just been completed by Rozema Boatworks in Bayview, Washington, which is south of Bellingham. Here are those shots again. The prop is protected so it won't entangle the net. The twin "keels" do double duty as a convenient cradle to support the boat on the stern of the seiner when it's underway or not fishing.

Net boats like these come past our slip a lot on their way to and from the fuel dock as the seine fleet in our harbor gets ready to leave for an opening. Some have big 400+ cubic inch automotive V-8s in them, some have diesels. I was told by one of the commercial fishboat crew guys there even is, or was, one with a V-12 gas engine in our harbor. When one of these boats fires up you can hear it all over the harbor.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1454205289.942789.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1454205335.688763.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1454205353.367063.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1454205370.042596.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1454205388.439318.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the centerline engine box is designed so they can stack up.

From the bow, it looks like a sleigh :)

and it has toe holes in the transom. Pretty cool!

Stu

Greetings,
If my ciphering is right her maximum range is about 700nm +/-. Listing says "capable of long passages". Not quite long enough to get one across the pond. Hmmm...everything's relevant I suppose.

RT, The listed fuel capacity is poorly worded:

"Fuel Tanks: 4 (175 Gallons)"

Later in the listing, fuel capacity is clairified:

"Fuel Capacity (4 tanks + 1 reserve in aluminum): 700 US gallons (2,700 liters)"

And then some performance numbers are listed:

Speeds:
Maximum: 10 knots/6 gph at 2,400 RPM
Cruising: 9 Knots/3 gph at 1,600 RPM with 2,330 nm (no reserve)
Economical: 8 knots/2 gph at 1,450 RPM with 2,800 nm (no reserve)

I agree with previous posts: The price is too high, it should have remained a sailboat, visibility from the house is poor. It is altogether a strange boat.

However, the fuel economy (4 nm/gallon @ 8 knots) and resultant long range combined with (what I assume to be) very good seaworthiness, might make this an attractive boat for a serious voyage - as long as you can beat down the asking price to something more reasonable.

Someone did spend a fortune building it in carbon/epoxy. Check out the very large, custom carbon fiber rudder quadrant.

Steve

5015277_20150312080940852_1_XLARGE.jpg

Greetings,
Mr. P. Ahhh...Missed that totally. Yup, that's a long passage. Thanks. Still, for that price I think there are probably Nordhavn's available.

How is this for a scary fuel manifold

North :: Mechanicals

If ABYC says that engine room fuel systems should handle a full on fire for 30 minutes, what do they say about piping fuel around with hoses?

The water is plumbed with PVC piping like a trailer, not PEX.

Dual westerbeke generators with matching hours? So that means supporting 2 staterooms requires 60kw in power? Why no sound shields? that means you have to sound shield the whole engine room, perhaps they did.

That big boat only has two staterooms, both on the same level as the salon except the master forward has 2-3 steps down. One would think a boat of that style and opulence would have crews quarters?

The engine room is accessed how? looks like perhaps 3' height in the engine rooms.

That means the hull is empty except for tanks. 4'6" draft isn't a passage maker in my book. Apparently it made it from Indiana to Vancouver somehow.

Pretty boat from the outside, but scary behind the paneling and beneath the decks..

Attachments

• fuel manifold with hoses.jpg
    fuel manifold with hoses.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom