Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No

Sorry Art.

The bottom on the bow curved up very sled like to the belt line and the cabin was extreme wide body w not even catwalks. The cabin sides were slanted and the topsides had flare. The cabin was mostly a mirror image of the bottom w a fore and aft door that hinged on the side of the door. No deck except aft. The wheelhouse had wannabe air control tower style windows both forward and on the sides. Very futuristic looking. One look and everyone wanted to ride in her. Another way to describe her looks is to imagine two john boats one upside down on top of the other. But w the mini control tower and rounded FG construction. There was a normal aft cockpit. Only thing normal.

If your imagine is good there's your picture.

No

Sorry Art.

The bottom on the bow curved up very sled like to the belt line and the cabin was extreme wide body w not even catwalks. The cabin sides were slanted and the topsides had flare. The cabin was mostly a mirror image of the bottom w a fore and aft door that hinged on the side of the door. No deck except aft. The wheelhouse had wannabe air control tower style windows both forward and on the sides. Very futuristic looking. One look and everyone wanted to ride in her. Another way to describe her looks is to imagine two john boats one upside down on top of the other. But w the mini control tower and rounded FG construction. There was a normal aft cockpit. Only thing normal.

If your imagine is good there's your picture.

Thanks, Eric - I can visualize it... sounds real interesting for time of century. - Art

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 113
  • text.jpg
    text.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
another better pic

Attachments

• kirk-and-spock-with-the-galileo.jpg
    kirk-and-spock-with-the-galileo.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 150
one more...

Attachments

• pontiactranssport-07.jpg
    pontiactranssport-07.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 111
Thank you Northern Spy,
That GM van is the essence of her fwd cabin shape. The fwd door can be seen.
Don't know about the middle photo.
Yea dad was excited about the Airex. So was I until I found out how much the stuff cost. You could take a long 2x2 piece, tie it it in a knot and untie it. The Airex would basically be as it was before.
Hard to believe she was only 40' long.
I have some pics in a box somewhere but not that much time.
Dad was a dreamer even more so than me. But at the time I was living in Canada designing and building my own boat on a budget.
Here is an old picture of my "imageineering" fwd thinking design. Her name was Easy Rider designed to have a smooth ride w/o the high power requirements of the deep V boats of the day. In plywood and very light. Was 9X 28' powered by a 55hp OB. Made 25 knots just as a hull and cruised at 12 later. Probably making 15 knots in the pic at WOT taken in Gastineau Channel just south of Juneau.

Attachments

• STH71822 copy.jpg
    STH71822 copy.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Saw this gal in Hope Town.ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1406939762.045846.jpg

Larry I think that's on a boat in the background.

Does make her look like a bug boat.

4214167_20130202041304939_1_XLARGE.jpg

steel hull, canoe stern, pilot house, this boat has a lot going for it to me. Would like for the pilot house to be more open to the saloon, but I realize that would impact night ops on overnight trips.

Last edited:
Much like the Diesel Ducks, 43' Cheoy Lee motorsailers, and Gatsby trawler/motorsailers, this boat has got me drooling all over the YW app:

Nice hardware too.

We saw that boat in Hopetown in June. Stylistically challenged IMO.

The front looks awkward to me with the shape of the house and missing the forward cabin.

Saw this beautiful double-ended motorsailer at KKMI, Richmond, CA yesterday, complete with forward-leaning pilothouse windows. It is in brand-new condition.

img_255258_0_7df6e6c5f364cd60e34ea8a32fb70498.jpg

img_255258_1_54c36626b61ea46d5c0ed4a30f2baea6.jpg

Saw this beautiful double-ended motorsailer at KKMI, Richmond, CA yesterday, complete with forward-leaning pilothouse windows. It is in brand-new condition.

img_255259_0_7df6e6c5f364cd60e34ea8a32fb70498.jpg

img_255259_1_54c36626b61ea46d5c0ed4a30f2baea6.jpg

Nice looking Fisher. Can't tell if it's a 30 or 34. Very sturdy British built MS.

img_255273_0_7df6e6c5f364cd60e34ea8a32fb70498.jpg

img_255273_1_54c36626b61ea46d5c0ed4a30f2baea6.jpg

I just really like that boat. Maybe it's the color scheme.;):blush:

KKMI does consistently great work. Smart choice of boatyards Mark :thumb::thumb:

This is my fourth annual visit. They do good work, and/but they take their time. ... Hope to get out a couple of times before going to Alaska again (by cruise ship) in mid-September.

Last edited:
"Crusie Ship!!!!" O my God!

"Crusie Ship!!!!" O my God!

No kidding..the day I go on one of those virus incubators somebody better strap me to my wheelchair as I am going over the side if I can stand up!
Hollywood

Back
Top Bottom