Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-05-2015, 05:18 PM   #1901
Senior Member
 
City: MD
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Blue Yonder
Vessel Model: 37
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 346
Saw this in Oxford MD this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dettling.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	41742  
__________________
Advertisement

BlueYonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #1902
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
Isn't that boat too slow for you Don? 😁

Plus I think it had a draft of like 6'.

I was sort of thinking about it back when I was looking at boats way out of my skill level. I can barely handle the boat I have now so I sure didn't need that beast.
Bill, in my weird mind I was using the 6' draft as a reason for not buying. It probably would have limited me a little, but most of the distance running would have been offshore. There were a couple of other reasons that entered into the decision, but I should have bought it just because I wanted it.
__________________

__________________
Don on Moonstruck
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express & Blackfin 25 CC
When cruising life is simpler, but on a grander scale (author unknown)
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:29 PM   #1903
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueYonder View Post
Saw this in Oxford MD this weekend.
Looks like a Dettling 48
__________________
Don on Moonstruck
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express & Blackfin 25 CC
When cruising life is simpler, but on a grander scale (author unknown)
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #1904
Enigma
 
RT Firefly's Avatar
 
City: Slicker?
Country: Bumpkin?
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,081
Greetings,
Re: Sigo. Not ONE picture of the ER. Not interested.
__________________
RTF
RT Firefly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:03 PM   #1905
Guru
 
cardude01's Avatar
 
City: Victoria TX
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Bijou
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,242
Quote:
but I should have bought it just because I wanted it.

True
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #1906
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,601
That seaton was here in lauderdale, might still be here. Was right next to the yacht club.
__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #1907
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4712 View Post
That seaton was here in lauderdale, might still be here. Was right next to the yacht club.
Lauderdale YC or Coral Ridge YC?
__________________
Don on Moonstruck
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express & Blackfin 25 CC
When cruising life is simpler, but on a grander scale (author unknown)
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #1908
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,601
Lyc.
__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:54 PM   #1909
Senior Member
 
klee wyck's Avatar
 
City: Seattle and Bellingham
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Klee Wyck and Libra
Vessel Model: Lowland 48 and Noordzee Kotter 52
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 169
RT, of course the engine room will be the most interesting part of an ocean going boat and I agree the YW ad does not rush you there, nor does Sigo Marine in its literature.
The video below will get you some glimpses of it and a layout drawing will show you where they put it.

Sigo Marine
__________________
Bill
klee wyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:36 PM   #1910
Guru
 
City: Hotel, CA
Country: Fried
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,687
You and I spoke about that Seaton at length Don and I agree, you should have bought it.

In all fairness you had very sound logic not to. However, since when are boats logical? Have Oliver track it down and go buy it from the guy and hang logic.
__________________
Craig - AKA Some Clueless Idiot

The person who is saying something is impossible should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #1911
Enigma
 
RT Firefly's Avatar
 
City: Slicker?
Country: Bumpkin?
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,081
Greetings,
Mr. kw. Thanks for that. Indeed brief ER shots. 5gph @ 11 knts isn't too bad but I couldn't decipher the fuel capacity from the metric volume. What is the estimated range?
__________________
RTF
RT Firefly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:48 PM   #1912
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
You and I spoke about that Seaton at length Don and I agree, you should have bought it.

In all fairness you had very sound logic not to. However, since when are boats logical? Have Oliver track it down and go buy it from the guy and hang logic.
Craig, I remember the conversation. Boats like that and Mercedes diesels have something in common. The owner usually plans to use them for a long, long time. Actually, I truly hope that the new owner can use it like it was really intended. Something I would probably never do. There is one thing I like about a steel boat. You can find steel plate and weld it almost any place in the world.
__________________
Don on Moonstruck
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express & Blackfin 25 CC
When cruising life is simpler, but on a grander scale (author unknown)
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #1913
Guru
 
City: Melbourne, FL
Country: USA
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 681
What about this one?

2005 AF Theriault & Sons Trawler Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
stubones99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #1914
Senior Member
 
klee wyck's Avatar
 
City: Seattle and Bellingham
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Klee Wyck and Libra
Vessel Model: Lowland 48 and Noordzee Kotter 52
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
Mr. kw. Thanks for that. Indeed brief ER shots. 5gph @ 11 knts isn't too bad but I couldn't decipher the fuel capacity from the metric volume. What is the estimated range?

RT,
As it is a round bilged displacement boat, its range is very sensitive to how much you push it. The fuels tanks hold 5350 liters and this is about 1400 gallons. With a 25% reserve, this will take you 2700 nautical miles at 6.5 kn but only 1200 nm at 9.5 knots. She is heavy. It looks like in the middle of the range (8 kn?) you you will burn 4-4.2 gallons per hour.

Not bad for riding in style and safety.
__________________
Bill
klee wyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #1915
Guru
 
City: Hotel, CA
Country: Fried
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
There is one thing I like about a steel boat. You can find steel plate and weld it almost any place in the world.

The thing I like about steel boats is I am a welder and would have no trouble whatsoever fixing them myself and probably doing a better job than the original builder.
__________________
Craig - AKA Some Clueless Idiot

The person who is saying something is impossible should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:05 PM   #1916
Senior Member
 
City: SanFran
Country: USA
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 159
Interesting boat - actually built in the Ukraine (from what I can see from this page:

SIGO 50 EXPLORER motor yacht for sale | De Valk Yacht broker

Hmm.. Given the "issues" in the Ukraine these days - I wonder how long the company will be in business (sadly).

Definitely a higher risk investment. I suspect that if you can still get a boat built there, you can probably get a pretty good price from the Mfgr.



Quote:
Originally Posted by klee wyck View Post
2014 Sigo 50 Explorer Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Interesting Russian steel trawler to go with the Dutch version (trawler or LRC?)

This boat has raised my HR and BP to hazardous levels. Might be a case where you can have your passage maker and a fair bit of a cottage too. Wow....

What do people think of the European CE rating system? Meaningful or not really?
LRC58Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #1917
Senior Member
 
City: SanFran
Country: USA
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 159
Ah - just found the manufacturer's web site here:

Sigo Marine Shipyard

You can probably negotiate a good price these days:

Address:

Centraljnaya str, 6a Nova Dofinivka, Kominternovo district Odessa region, 67572, Ukraine


(someone mentioned that they were a Russian company - that might be true now, but probably wasn't a year ago) :-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRC58Fan View Post
Interesting boat - actually built in the Ukraine (from what I can see from this page:

SIGO 50 EXPLORER motor yacht for sale | De Valk Yacht broker

Hmm.. Given the "issues" in the Ukraine these days - I wonder how long the company will be in business (sadly).

Definitely a higher risk investment. I suspect that if you can still get a boat built there, you can probably get a pretty good price from the Mfgr.
LRC58Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:06 AM   #1918
Guru
 
brian eiland's Avatar
 
City: St Augustine, FL
Country: USA & Thailand
Vessel Name: RunningTide
Vessel Model: 37 Louisiane catamaran
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
PRICE: $187K

Quote:
Originally Posted by klee wyck View Post
2014 Sigo 50 Explorer Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Interesting Russian steel trawler to go with the Dutch version (trawler or LRC?)

This boat has raised my HR and BP to hazardous levels. Might be a case where you can have your passage maker and a fair bit of a cottage too. Wow....
PRICE: $878K

Which would you choose?,...no contest in my mind.

That Seaton vessel is WELL DONE.,...and I really like the 'crow's nest'
brian eiland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:21 AM   #1919
Guru
 
cardude01's Avatar
 
City: Victoria TX
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Bijou
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,242
Interesting boats

Let's gather up 10 offshore wannabes like myself to pitch in $18000 each for the Seaton, then we can each take our big offshore cruises, get our asses handed to us, pass it to the next member, then do it all over again when out time rolls around after we have forgotten how rough it was.

Of course we will need a monthly maintenance fee for repairs and updates-- $1000 each should do it. 😳
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:15 AM   #1920
Guru
 
brian eiland's Avatar
 
City: St Augustine, FL
Country: USA & Thailand
Vessel Name: RunningTide
Vessel Model: 37 Louisiane catamaran
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
Let's gather up 10 offshore wannabes like myself to pitch in $18000 each for the Seaton, then we can each take our big offshore cruises, get our asses handed to us, pass it to the next member, then do it all over again when out time rolls around after we have forgotten how rough it was.

Of course we will need a monthly maintenance fee for repairs and updates-- $1000 each should do it. 😳
I'd serious consider that, but I married a Thai woman is is affaid of the water ....couldn't even talk her into living on a stationary houseboat/canal boat/ floating cottage.

What is that saying...opposites attract
__________________

brian eiland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012