Old 11-08-2019, 03:47 AM   #7821
Guru

City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116
Which proves, in my feeble little mind, once you get the hull designed and 'proven', you can put pretty much whatever you want from the rail cap up, within reason.

Old 11-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #7822
Guru

City: Oneida Lake, NY
Vessel Name: Sylphide
Vessel Model: Kingston Aluminum Yacht 44' Custom
It's not every day I get to pass somebody! I snapped this the other day on the Hudson. This poor little fella was trying his best, but only making about 4 knots with the current... Anyway, if you don't have a flying bridge, but would like one, just take this approach, and build yourself a treehouse!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1781.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	96228  

Old 11-08-2019, 10:08 AM   #7823

City: Detroit
The Hudson eh? I think I would like to see that. It looks beautiful in the picture. Nice shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
It's not every day I get to pass somebody! I snapped this the other day on the Hudson. This poor little fella was trying his best, but only making about 4 knots with the current... Anyway, if you don't have a flying bridge, but would like one, just take this approach, and build yourself a treehouse!
moparharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #7824

City: Detroit
Sorry. you are correct.

I am going to look at a Defever 48 next week. It strikes me as one of the only boats that has nearly all significant features in one boat, minus the RPH. Three cabins, two full heads, fly bridge, transom door with great water access, and devilish good looks! I do like the Portuguese RPH, but the ones I am looking at, minus one, all do not have a fly bridge. I like to look around and get some air as long as I have sun protection (bimini, etc).
moparharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:07 PM   #7825
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
When that barge is loaded with logs, the operator needs to see over the top of the load.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:18 PM   #7826
Guru

City: Florida
Vessel Model: "Ho"made
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDan1943 View Post
When that barge is loaded with logs, the operator needs to see over the top of the load.
No log barges on Hudson. That is a construction barge ,and your right, he needs to be able to see over equipment.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:36 PM   #7827
Guru

City: Adelaide
Vessel Name: Kokanee
Vessel Model: Cuddles 30 Pilot House Motor Sailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisyboy View Post
whats the wheel on the instrument panel?
I'd expect it is for controlling the hydraulic windlass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PH1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	96245  
AusCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:07 AM   #7828
Guru

Interesting, in a repellent kind of way. Has its practicalities, but....https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/d...5831147/?Cr=23
BruceK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:11 AM   #7829
Guru

City: Meydenbauer Bay Yacht Club
Vessel Name: Lulu (Refugio sold)
Can a Uniflite 36DC be an "Interesting Boat"? Take at look at the interior pictures of this one.

"There has been a ridiculous amount of time and money put into ENTRE AMIS...the all new hardwood interior will make you weak in the knees if you like high quality wood and craftsmanship!"
Old 11-10-2019, 10:17 AM   #7830
Guru

City: Port Townsend Washington
Vessel Name: " OTTER "
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander Europa 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by refugio View Post
Can a Uniflite 36DC be an "Interesting Boat"? Take at look at the interior pictures of this one.

"There has been a ridiculous amount of time and money put into ENTRE AMIS...the all new hardwood interior will make you weak in the knees if you like high quality wood and craftsmanship!"

interesting is right!, someone spent a fortune in the interior of that boat.. look really clean... but check out that swim platform.. looks like it took the dock with the boat! I bit out of scale.
HOLLYWOOD
hollywood8118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #7831
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:

WOW - POs were in love with their Uni!

I owned 1973 31' sedan sport fisher Uniflite with flybridge. Nice boat!

Uni's were very well built. Mid 1974 was last time they were constructed with the "correct" ingredients in their gelcoat. After that, due to some sort of U.S. govt regulations, Uniflite altered their gelcoat ingredients. This was due to thousands of 31' Uniflite boat hulls ordered for Delta patrol in Vietnam [same hull design as the 1973 31' Uni I owned].

Long and short of what happened to Uniflite [i.e. what eventually broke their financial back]:

When Uniflite began manufacturing thousands of boats for Vietnam war, using the govt's mandated new gelcoat formula, the Uniflite company began also using the new gelcoat on all their boats... pleasure boats included. Well... unbeknownst to anyone the new gelcoat formula was long term unstable. In that, after a few to several years in the sun it would "bubble", horribly every where the sun hit it! This "bubbling" surface effect was unsightly at least and unrepairable at worst. I've seen Uni's that looked like chicken pox had attacked their gelcoat surfaces.

What happened then was an enormous class action suit by private owners. Owners won, Uniflite went broke!

I carefully looked at all photos and read most words about the Uni you provide link to. Did not notice any bubbles in photos and did not read any mentions of bubbles. Perhaps this Uni was a lucky one that had different gelcoat used than what the govt had mandated. Maybe it had been boat house stored, out of the sun's rays! Belonging to a Uniflite forum for some time I had read that in some cases there were Uni's built using the pre govt gelcoat.

If no bubbles exist - the Uniflite in your link is surely a great classic pleasure craft to own and enjoy!

Happy Uniflite Daze! - Art
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #7832
Guru

City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
Partially converted Scottish fishing trawler: R J Prior Trawler Yacht Conversion - NOT FOR SALE, details for information only
Old 11-10-2019, 11:02 AM   #7833
Guru

City: Canaveral
Quote:

Wow that interior really is nice, and according to the broker that 36' boat is now a "mega yacht." Someone decided to lose about $50-100k on that boat.

Hey, I wonder if I can disassemble the interior and just install it in a new-build???
makobuilders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:20 AM   #7834
Guru

an estate sale?
Old 11-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #7835
Guru

City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: Caroliner
Vessel Model: Selway-Fisher 45' Teign
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
Well damn. I had cash ready. Nice boat though.

ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:59 PM   #7836
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Quote:

Well, someone must have really loved that boat. I canít tell what the boat actually came with, but thatís a whole lot of woodwork.

"When life gets hard, eat marshmallowsĒ.
healhustler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:28 PM   #7837

City: Seattle and Blaine
Vessel Name: Klee Wyck and Libra
Vessel Model: Lowland 48 and Noordzee Kotter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
Well, someone must have really loved that boat. I canít tell what the boat actually came with, but thatís a whole lot of woodwork.
Can a Uniflite 36DC be an "Interesting Boat"?

Not my style of boat at all, so not interesting from that point of view. But, this boat may be much more than interesting. Healhustler alludes to this.

When I look at the photos of this boat it just screams of the absolute joy that this boat brought to the whoever did this during his tenure with it.

That is really the thing about boats, isn't it? So cool.....
Old 11-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #7838
Al
Guru

City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Tolly Coastal Cruiser - Not many made.
Hi Art,

Been off TF for a bit, too busy on gathering winter firewood
The 37 Tolly LRC loccally still here. On the hard, Know the owner now and have physically threaten him that were I younger he would not have the boat!!
Yes, it is in need of love, but damn, I do think that is a nice model for crusing in SE Alaska.
Good to see you post this rare Tolly model.

Al-Ketchikan
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:50 PM   #7839
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
I've been aboard several Uniflite boats. Never seen one all gussied up as that one.

I believe Eric used to work at Uniflite. He may have better input. Maybe Uniflite had a specially appointed custom package??

The Uni shown sure is pretty in all respects!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #7840

City: Dayton, OH

This 79 footer has a bay for storing a 4X4, a garage for the tender in the stern, and pushes all my buttons. Who knows how many millions, but if I had it I would plunk it down and roam the seven seas in this dream boat.
It turns (at speed) almost on its axis. I can't find anything about it I don't admire so thought you all would enjoy it, too.

Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote