Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In 2010

The man who bought and equipped the Artika, want buy our Long-cours.62 ,

She was bigger and he can put all his dog on "box" on our aft deck, and the "traineau " on the aft roof...

But at the same time my father took for the first time the vaccine for the annual flue... and it vaccine kill him in one week.:mad::eek:

Finally Elkaïm bought a former "voyager 47" and equipped it like our Long-cours62" : mast with small orange sail, solar panel on longitudinal axis, wooden heater, better insulation and they star to heading north .
Unfortunately they had some bad weather in the north of ....Spitsbergen and engine trouble they turn back, after they had problem with authorities, court, because they stop in a protected area etc.
Nice risky project , heading north with boat and after walk to the north pole...

The original drawing of the Voyager 47 was based on a hull of sailing boat : DALU 47 who is the hard chine alloy hull based on steel round bilged of the schooner DAMIEN II. ( Poncet, Janichon,Antoine, similar at our "Fleur de Tendresse" schooner you can see her here Album - nos-bateaux-sur-42-ans - Trawler long-cours)

The first Voyager 47 do two Atlantic crossing from Lyon in France to NY...long time ago at this moment I still have ...hair :whistling:

Last edited:
When we was

A year ago, when I ended up buying DOMINO, this was the only other boat on the list. It was a very good value, lightly used and well kept. Lots of good things about it. I considered it seriously, but DOMINO won the day in terms of capability and efficiency.

interested by this one, we thinking our actual boat had found a buyer :whistling:
but two problem :
the potential customer change his mind
the selling price of this 64' was higher than the potential selling price of our 72':facepalm::facepalm:
But even if little too narrow in my point of view, all the rst could be perfect for us ...except the air draft but we played to see her with some "change"

Attachments

• calibre yacht etroit.jpg
    calibre yacht etroit.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Unfortunately little too beamy to fit in a ...container.

We made a project "container compatible" with a removable roof we could be

turn "upside down" to fit in her own 'hole" and keep the total high smaller than a container... just a "delirium" but funny to trying find solution

Unusual, but of course possible.

Last edited:
Saw that. Must have crossed Bass Strait. If I recall, this one, with Gardner, you felt was underpowered. Otherwise it looks a nice small ship.

When I see a Gardner, I see a work of art.
Properly cared for, it just might last forever.

Saw that. Must have crossed Bass Strait. If I recall, this one, with Gardner, you felt was underpowered. Otherwise it looks a nice small ship.

I wouldn't say underpowered as such, but I reckon she wouldn't have many ponies in reserve at cruise speed of 7.5 to 8knots

Speaking purely as a non-naval non-architect, I believe the preferred
location for the paravane booms is near the center of mass.
The davits might work as flopper stopper mounts, though.

maybe :thumb:

I like the simplicity of it, although maybe a bit spartan inside. Any owner would be adding stuff for sure, but the lines are nice. Just a pity about the rather overwhelming black superstructure appearance...

I like the simplicity of it, although maybe a bit spartan inside. Any owner would be adding stuff for sure, but the lines are nice. Just a pity about the rather overwhelming black superstructure appearance...

Speaking of spartan, did you see the helm? What the heck are they thinking?

What a strange design for a new boat. More bizarre than interesting. Take a look...

https://www.passagemaker.com/trawler-news/new-boat-cape-sable-38

I do like the boat but, I'd rather have a solid fiber glass hull.
It is a fantastic opportunity to equip the boat just the way you want assuming you dont change the engine and tankage. A. generator B. Reverse cycle A/C C. Head design to include a head and shower. Once you get those changes, the rest is "icing."
I have obviously lost touch with new boat prices for I feel it is an expensive basic boat.
Per the sparse helm, we have the opportunity to configure it the way WE want.

Over all, I like it, a proven design.
Once they have the basic boat built, you should stand at the shoulder of the builder for the finishing interior design.

Last edited:
More pics here. I guess it's just me but I don't see it. Nice chair at the helm, looks like my desk chair at home.

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/2021-trawler-cape-island-cruisers-cape-sable-7981690/

I still maintain, it is a good starter boat. NOW, if the OAL is 38ft, I think the interior layout could be a better design. Assuming about 3ft swim platform. Yes, I am ignoring the anchor and line handling 'hole' in the fwd deck.

We know there are certain things we hope to find in 'our' boat. I, for one, want a A/C (living in south FL), diesel generator, inverter and a washing/dryer. Of course the washer/dryer is not necessary if you are going to be a 'weekender'. I'm not sure if one wants to do the loop w/o a washer/dryer and A/C. The fridge is small but can be overcome by a freezer in the cockpit.

No mention of # and size of the batteries.

The price is still too high and for the money, one might find a 'better' used boat.

The windows have a dark tint and may interfere with night operation?
The electronic need significant additions. Yes, that can be overcome with a laptop but still need RADAR, AIS, VHF, spot light plus. There is a nice flat roof for solar panels :)

Personally, I don't like a 'wet head'.

Saying all that, I still think is a 'starter' boat. When I finished modifying the interior, it would be a great 'looper'.

Looks like separate head and shower to me. I agree probably not a bad looper but fuel tanks are on the small side. Just seems to me that you are buying a new boat that is mostly unfinished and looks rather cheap to me (chairs, cushions, etc. ) I guess if you go into it knowing you are going to add another 100K to finish it, it would be ok.

More pics here. I guess it's just me but I don't see it. Nice chair at the helm, looks like my desk chair at home.

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/2021-trawler-cape-island-cruisers-cape-sable-7981690/

Stark boat. Relatively good appointments and layout. Cabinet door faces look like spider haven. Forward deck "hole" seat would scare me in a sea... no matter its drainage set up. Enormous swim step [great fun at anchor] would make handling in a steep following sea a task I don't want to encounter. That big step cold get hit during close quarter docking too... a costly item to refurbish/repair I'm sure.

Stark boat. Relatively good appointments and layout. Cabinet door faces look like spider haven. Forward deck "hole" seat would scare me in a sea... no matter its drainage set up. Enormous swim step [great fun at anchor] would make handling in a steep following sea a task I don't want to encounter. That big step cold get hit during close quarter docking too... a costly item to refurbish/repair I'm sure.

The swim platform concern is definitely a potential issue. But the bow hole doesn't worry me. It looks small enough that even if it's totally full of water and took a bit to drain it's probably not enough to cause much trouble.

What's the bow hole all about anyway? Is that the rode locker? They couldn't put a hatch over it? Seems like it would be unsightly. Also, I don't like the anchor hanging half way down the bow. Even if it is secure and didn't hit the hull, it seems like it could be underwater at times.

Last edited:
What's the bow hole all about anyway? Is that the rode locker? They couldn't put a hatch over it? Seems like it would be unsightly. Also, I don't like the anchor hangin half way down the bow. Even if it is secure and didn't hit the hull, it seems like it could be underwater at times.

Yeah, seems like it's a recessed working area for the bow cleats, windlass, and anchor handling. Note the hawse holes in the sides of the bow.

Back
Top Bottom