Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are a fan of timber, LOTS of it,and less about sleeping accommodation, check out this Halvorsen in Sydney; https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-for-sale/used/power-boats/halvorsen-40/265170
0_4.jpg
That looks like the boat Dangar Stew worked on in his youtube video and it's in the right area to be that boat as well.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DangarStu/search?query=halvorsen

Solved the problem of getting to SEA from Anacortes for you. Easily done nonstop in daylight hours with a 60' cruising boat from my home town.

https://www.facebook.com/voodooyachts/posts/1561266937598364

Not suitable for open ocean? Maybe it is.....

https://www.voodooyachts.com/project/special-delivery/

Seems uniquely well planned. Read and watched a bit on links provided... plenty of words re efficiency of fuel at stated relatively high speeds in water. However, no accountable fuel nmpg #'s provided.

They do give some figures.
Total Distance: 1520nm
Total Moving Time: 46 hours
Average speed leg 1: 33knots
Average speed leg 2: 22knots
Fuel: 14,000 litres

So 9l/nm or .41nmg at quite high speeds if my math is correct.

We met the new owner in Napier when we were heading North and they were heading South on their trip home from Fiji. They were planning to be in Wellington for lunch. Their whole focus seemed to be on speed and trip records. Not my style of boating but it certainly is possible if you want to.

Pachoud Motor Yachts New Zealand - Voodoo - 18m

Apparently, the voodoo has a foil between the hulls to lift the majority of the boat out of the water, allowing it to go faster and be more efficient at speed. I'd like to see a photo of it on a travellift.

They do give some figures.
Total Distance: 1520nm
Total Moving Time: 46 hours
Average speed leg 1: 33knots
Average speed leg 2: 22knots
Fuel: 14,000 litres

So 9l/nm or .41nmg at quite high speeds if my math is correct.

We met the new owner in Napier when we were heading North and they were heading South on their trip home from Fiji. They were planning to be in Wellington for lunch. Their whole focus seemed to be on speed and trip records. Not my style of boating but it certainly is possible if you want to.

Pachoud Motor Yachts New Zealand - Voodoo - 18m

.41 nmg = WOW!! With a little extra loading and maybe some fuzz on the bottom could get to .31 nmpg... or 3 plus gallons per mile. 100 miles in a few sort hours = 300 gal x $5 per gal = $1,500 for the afternoon cruise. Not too bad!! Do that 5 times a month = $7,500 fuel. WOW!!!

.41 nmg = WOW!! With a little extra loading and maybe some fuzz on the bottom could get to .31 nmpg... or 3 plus gallons per mile. 100 miles in a few sort hours = 300 gal x $5 per gal = $1,500 for the afternoon cruise. Not too bad!! Do that 5 times a month = $7,500 fuel. WOW!!!
Well in my previous marina were un bunch of cruiser and the weekend budget for gasoline was in the 2k range (meaning burning 2k on saturday, sleep and go back home on sunday).
There was one guy for who the pleasure was to get his boat to the water (4 chevy engines, as loud as an army of tank) fill up and go back and forth at full speed until tanks are dry. It was so loud that even beyond the line of sight you would still hear it. Go figure...

L

Well in my previous marina were un bunch of cruiser and the weekend budget for gasoline was in the 2k range (meaning burning 2k on saturday, sleep and go back home on sunday).
There was one guy for who the pleasure was to get his boat to the water (4 chevy engines, as loud as an army of tank) fill up and go back and forth at full speed until tanks are dry. It was so loud that even beyond the line of sight you would still hear it. Go figure...

L

Reversion to child-like behavior. Needing attention by one means or another.

Maybe he is a gear head and loves to run his boat hard, don't be so judgemental just because you don't get it.

There is nothing needed to get. Only items to observe, at times share and/or comment upon.

Not for a moment do I not feel myself as childlike upon occasion. Just today, in transit to observe a potential project, I peeled out a 100 plus foot strip of rubber with my 1967, 400 hp. Buick Wildcat. Reason... to impress my 80 yr construction affiliate... i.e. he too can still feel as a frivolous child!

Last edited:
Somebody get this man a trophy.

I saw this posted on reddit a while back, and kept forgetting to post it. This was taken on Lake Monroe in Indiana about a month ago. Fella took a kid's sandbox and put a trolling motor on it. The DNR folks were pretty cool and jokey with him, apparently. It's got a Kentucky registration and everything.

I imagine it's hard to dock the boat with all of the swooning women throwing their underwear at him.

Attachments

• HandsomeTugboatMan.jpg
    HandsomeTugboatMan.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 40

I saw this posted on reddit a while back, and kept forgetting to post it. This was taken on Lake Monroe in Indiana about a month ago. Fella took a kid's sandbox and put a trolling motor on it. The DNR folks were pretty cool and jokey with him, apparently. It's got a Kentucky registration and everything.

I imagine it's hard to dock the boat with all of the swooning women throwing their underwear at him.
:lol:

What some won't do to get on the water... and attract chicks! :dance: :lol:

Attachments

• 55 Gallon drum Barge.jpg
    55 Gallon drum Barge.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Unfortunately the women are in their 70s to late 80s who threw their undies at Tom Jones in the 60's.

Unfortunately the women are in their 70s to late 80s who threw their undies at Tom Jones in the 60's.

Hey, dont knock granny panties. They can be used as an emergency get home sail.:hide:

Hey, dont knock granny panties. They can be used as an emergency get home sail.:hide:

May uses for old gal [and ol' dude] panties!

A sea anchor (drift anchor, drift sock, para-anchor, boat brake) :dance:

May uses for old gal [and ol' dude] panties!

A sea anchor (drift anchor, drift sock, para-anchor, boat brake) :dance:

Ah yes, granny panties and boxer shorts, twin sails. What a deal. :dance:

If they're clean good for buffing.

Back
Top Bottom