Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is worth a watch

60 mph top speed does not impress me... especially for a boat probably costing +/- a million $$$. Heck... my buddy's 27' Fountain does over 90 mph at WOT. It would leave that fancy-dan in the its wake! :speed boat: :rofl:

60 mph top speed does not impress me... especially for a boat probably costing +/- a million $$$. Heck... my buddy's 27' Fountain does over 90 mph at WOT. It would leave that fancy-dan in the its wake! :speed boat: :rofl:

I think it's probably well-suited for it's mission. It's not the fatest boat on the water, but that's what heliocoptors are for.

Yep, but it's pretty hard to outrun that radio!:lol:

Yep, but it's pretty hard to outrun that radio!:lol:

60mph in a small boat?
I'll remain ashore and watch the crash.

I dont know of any 'look ahead' or standard depth sounder that will give you enough warning to react.

And then we have folks who think the ICW is a big RR. Put the autopilot on 'course to follow'. They will get a BIG surprise when the go aground.
:eek:

I thought that was strange too, or maybe they just didn't show it. But it does come with some good firepower!

I think it's probably well-suited for it's mission. It's not the fatest boat on the water, but that's what heliocoptors are for.

I didn't mention... That friend of mine is quite rich - not from hard work!

the 2 inboard engines seem to be a bit smaller.
The head is super secret so they could not show it to you.

the 2 inboard engines seem to be a bit smaller.
The head is super secret so they could not show it to you.

The center engines are often mounted lower with triples and quads. Presumably to keep them at the right height relative to the V shaped hull bottom (but moving the outboards down would add drag).

The center engines are often mounted lower with triples and quads. Presumably to keep them at the right height relative to the V shaped hull bottom (but moving the outboards down would add drag).

Your explanation makes sense.
Initially I thought they were 'get home' engines. LOL

I noticed a lot of galvanized piping that, IMO, should be replaced with bronze.
Maybe the 'need' is not so demanding in fresh water but....

Now, where to put the A/C??

I must be missing something.... 'How to raise and lower the mast without using a crane.'

I noticed a lot of galvanized piping that, IMO, should be replaced with bronze.
Maybe the 'need' is not so demanding in fresh water but....

Now, where to put the A/C??

I must be missing something.... 'How to raise and lower the mast without using a crane.'

Mast is probably in a pulpit... just hinges forward. The boom is used as a lever.

Nice boat.

Wow that’s super cute!

Reminds me of a Michael Kasten style.

Last edited:
That's so Trawlerist of you!!!!!!!!:eek: :hide: :D

Al: Couldn’t you use your influence to make “Trawlerist” a descriptive member category like Guru, especially for us full-displacement, slow moving enthusiasts? (Notice, I didn’t say “purists”).

That one resembles my boat, but mine is not as “cute” IMO.

IMG_3008.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom