Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That widow maker on the sole between the pilothouse and the galley. I'd end myself twice a day on that thing. There's just no way I'd survive it. Within a week, every surface of the inside of that pilothouse would be evenly covered with a thick spray of coffee and blood and eggs.

29_4.jpg
Looks to be built like a "brick outhouse", though we use another word for "outhouse" here. I hope the "trip feature" is removable, maybe not, must be a reason for it.
(PS A 4" across leg to hairy leg Huntsman drowned in the kitchen sink. I previously removed it from a bathroom room to outside after a loud scream from my better half. Well, it looked like the one I relocated, but without registration plate or microchip it looked big enough to warrant, hard to be sure. Should I provide auto inflate spider life vests?)

Nice. I thought she was for sale in 2016 or so, is this the new owner or did he change his mind then? IS this a sale listing, or just a cool info page?

I posted another 65' Malahide that is for sale up in Seattle a few pages back, a beautiful boat but I think I like this one better for a number of reasons :thumb:

Here is Sovereign parked just down the dock from me in Blaine last fall.
She is a dandy, at least from a distance. Interesting that at the time, Ulysses, the boat that started this thread about a million posts ago, was also there just a few slips away. What are the chances of that.......

Attachments

• Malahide.jpg
    Malahide.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 56
Friends used to comment/tease me that all my analog gauges were crooked. But I rotated them so that under “normal” conditions the needle would always point up at 12:00.

No interpretation needed. No brainpower needed. Just a quick glance would tell you if everything was all right.

That's GOOD! Brilliant!

This beast came into the Harbor yesterday. Hard to believe it's only 52'x23' approx. Seems way bigger. Massive. Pics don't do it justice.

Attachments

• k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 67
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 67
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 59
What’s a Kodiak purse seiner doing in Southern California?!? Is there a winter fishery in Mexico that makes the trip worth it?

What’s a Kodiak purse seiner doing in Southern California?!? Is there a winter fishery in Mexico that makes the trip worth it?

That would make two of us!!:banghead:

Let me add to the knowledge of the poster of this boat:

Last edited:
Maybe the whole crew decided to vacay together in Ensenada until spring :lol:

That one gives a whole new meaning to the Alaskan term "combat fishing." Haven't seen an opening quite that crazy before.:pirate:

Last edited:
Nothing like trying to cut a tow rope. SHRUG

Last edited:
Fisheries in Alaska often have openings of just a few hours at a time, designated for a very specific small area, sometimes announced on short notice, based on ADFG spawning mapping and size sampling and numbers counting ongoing throughout the typical season. Sometimes encouraging hijinks such as the above, though I've never seen anything quite like this. I've also found that the captains of these class/type of vessels aren't always older and wiser, though they are always experienced and purdy good at what they do they can be in their early thirties and have some of the...habits that thirty-something year old men can have.

Fisheries in Alaska often have openings of just a few hours at a time, designated for a very specific small area, sometimes announced on short notice, based on ADFG spawning mapping and size sampling and numbers counting ongoing throughout the typical season. Sometimes encouraging hijinks such as the above, though I've never seen anything quite like this. I've also found that the captains of these class/type of vessels aren't always older and wiser, though they are always experienced and purdy good at what they do they can be in their early thirties and have some of the...habits that thirty-something year old men can have.

Young male "habits" can = TESTOSTERONE!

Yes, at that age many of us think we are the only ONE!!

After a while [years gained] we [some of us] may begin to realize that the first part of the word [i.e. a TEST] is what we are actually undergoing.

Eventually Testosterone mellows into a form of complacency... pretty much due to experiencing ONE spoiled TEST too many!

Passed this one in the Colvos Passage this morning south of Seattle.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 48
Passed this one in the Colvos Passage this morning south of Seattle.

Any ideas?

No real idea, but it’s an awesome looking boat.

Could it be a Devlin design?

It’s _______ Atlantic.
Possibly Great Atlantic.
Usta see it in Passagemaker Mag.
One would think since retro is in it would sell well ..... not well enough it seems.
Nice to see/hear there’s one in the PNW.
Very nice boat IMO.

It’s _______ Atlantic.
Possibly Great Atlantic.
Usta see it in Passagemaker Mag.
One would think since retro is in it would sell well ..... not well enough it seems.
Nice to see/hear there’s one in the PNW.
Very nice boat IMO.

A Sterling Atlantic I believe.

Hmmm, my days of being 'manly' have long since passed. Now, I enjoy a temperature controlled pilot house and returning safe and undamaged.
I guess that makes a wimp? No problem, I can accept that. All hail to the wimps of the world, those, who at the end of the day, are safe and dry!!!
TEASE, LOL

That would make two of us!!:banghead:

It's all great fun until someone gets hurt or dies. That's what my mama would say.

Wow what a crew. Bet you wouldn't say that to my face. I'm easy to find if you decide to! SB Harbor C5. Come say Hi Einstein!

So you honestly think that is responsible , sane and sustainable fishing??

I did just delete my comment before the siht fight began but you beat me to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom