Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
This was posted on the GB Facebook group.

Attachments

• 0E55880F-F45C-4087-9986-59F0A0193F7A.jpeg
    0E55880F-F45C-4087-9986-59F0A0193F7A.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 47
I saw that boat online and like it, but I can't take on a woody of that size the first time.

The problem with this boat is location. If you can afford the moorage, you can afford a nicer boat. While I would enjoy the project of reconditioning her, I wouldn’t enjoy the expenses.

The longer the boat sits on the hard the more her seams will open and need re-calking

That seams to be the trouble with all wood planked boats! LOL

true but, if you leave it on the hard for a year or more, the seams will open significantly. Once back into the water, you may need to borrow a couple of additional pumps until the wood swells up again.

true but, if you leave it on the hard for a year or more, the seams will open significantly. Once back into the water, you may need to borrow a couple of additional pumps until the wood swells up again.

Dan

During my young years on LI NY South Shore - in spring/early-summer I'd pack bottom seams as well as paint boat bottoms two coats. If schedule permitted... boats would hang in the slings for an hour or so until water ingress through seams slowed a bit.

Dan

During my young years on LI NY South Shore - in spring/early-summer I'd pack bottom seams as well as paint boat bottoms two coats. If schedule permitted... boats would hang in the slings for an hour or so until water ingress through seams slowed a bit.

Yup, cotton, caulking iron and mallet.

Last edited:
This is the most awesome thing I've seen in a while......

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.43.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.43.45 PM.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 52
This is the most awesome thing I've seen in a while......

I think that was used for electricity transmission during an awakening... in a Frankenstein movie!

Noticed that photo during review. Sure is neatly designed old-school tech.

Follow up ...
To add to my post #4440
Went to the boat today ..
We were talk’in bout the stern
Well for whatever it’s worth ....

Attachments

• C7BA8B07-4414-4826-ADCD-A31773C71C77.jpg
    C7BA8B07-4414-4826-ADCD-A31773C71C77.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 54
Follow up ...
To add to my post #4440
Went to the boat today ..
We were talk’in bout the stern
Well for whatever it’s worth ....

That's an interesting boat, I for one think she's a beaut.

Sure it was #4440? That was in 2017, and someone else posted.

Edit: I think you meant 9440.

Saw this odd “interesting boat” while changing my oil. It’s over w all the American Tug boats. Don’t know anything about this boat but it’s interesting and weird in that it has the stern of a 28’ boat and the bow of a 45’ boat.

Shoulda taken a stern shot I sooze.

She looks Bristol though.

I went aboard this boat at Seattle TrawlerFest back a number of years. It was beautifully finished inside but odd layout — kinda like the boat overall. I also remember cracking my head exiting the engine room!

Interesting cabin aft. Looks like they might have added that cabin. I wonder what is in that aft cabin.
Did they convert the boat from something else?
I wonder if a following seas will lift the stern.

Last edited:
Dan you can’t see the part of the hull that will give stern sea lift. But as the seas get bigger this mini-sterned boat could get pooped. So I take it back .. you’re right.

Yes nwboater, the conversion seems well done from outside too. I think it screams of “I want to build a live aboard boat”. Most FD boats aren’t well suited for live aboard boating IMO. The big fat square stern w full bow seems king.

Akfly yes I flucked up. I like your take on the boat as being INTERESTING. That’s what this thread is supposed to be about. Most have just been big, expensive or both. Few are genuinely interesting. And you’re right this one is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom