Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw this 22 footer that caught my eye today online. I was left wanting for more in the ER...of which there was NO PHOTOS!

https://www.capitalcityyachts.com/b...ats-sequim-washington-7286583/?print=1&full=1

7286583_20191118155406117_1_XLARGE.jpg

Last edited:
Some people don't need to own or be around boats.

Our very own member Tad Roberts designed it. A lot of boat for the money. Trailer sailor with serious ability in a small package.

Our very own member Tad Roberts designed it. A lot of boat for the money. Trailer sailor with serious ability in a small package.

Yes, a fantastic less than a week boat, for 2 people.
The only limiting factor is the size of the tanks.

Looks like a Teddy Brewer design.

Ya know!

Mini sized boats, trailers or homes can only get just so small... before people's personal dimensions and weight need be minimal.

I'd premise that 50% or more TF contributors could not fit well [comfortably] into most locations aboard and/or inside this 22' boat. Not to say that the boat does not appear to be a really nicely laid out, but extremely miniaturized, version of a pleasure craft.

I couldn't fit...! Could you??

Caveat emptor

Bids still at 10,500 this morning. Maybe someone local will get a deal. Some nice MS 34's have been for sale on this forum in the past for short money.

Better be prepared to tow that boat to another moorage. No inspections prior to purchase?!? What BS!:nonono:

There's a REASON, probably more than few that the boat is being offered on Ebay, with no inspections allowed . . .

Better be prepared to tow that boat to another moorage. No inspections prior to purchase?!? What BS!:nonono:

There's a REASON, probably more than few that the boat is being offered on Ebay, with no inspections allowed . . .

maybe, maybe not. Guy donated it ,why deal with tire kickers...I'm sure a conversation with dock neighbors would reveal the real story... Hence my comment about local buyers...

i wonder how many seagulls that guy snares each day. Perhaps that’s how he catches his dinner [emoji846]

Lots of places to hang laundry, too! :hide:

Are there any ER pics to view before purchase? Buying online sight unseen and no inspections seems like a bridge too far to me.

Last edited:
Ya know!

Mini sized boats, trailers or homes can only get just so small... before people's personal dimensions and weight need be minimal.

I'd premise that 50% or more TF contributors could not fit well [comfortably] into most locations aboard and/or inside this 22' boat. Not to say that the boat does not appear to be a really nicely laid out, but extremely miniaturized, version of a pleasure craft.

I couldn't fit...! Could you??

It's not about the fit. I am fit. I'm just not comfortable without some space.

It's not about the fit. I am fit. I'm just not comfortable without some space.

Yo - Tin Man... I'm very fit... Just too big for that nicely laid out and good looking, but too small a boat.

Attachments

• IMG_2294.jpg
    IMG_2294.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2326.jpg
    IMG_2326.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Beautiful, practical boat, so well designed for getting on the water anywhere the heart desires

Obviously the ER will be cramped .... sort of a "heads down" access to the engine. Considering the length of the boat, it aint gonna be a walk-around ER.
Upon inspection, the conclusion would be, 'can I live with it.'

It looks like a big boat until one looks at the picture of the man standing in the cockpit. It's an almost fully equipped boat that fits on a trailer. SMILE

The next owner should be very happy.
I wonder what the air draft is and does the mast fold down.
We all should to be a bit concerned about that, IMO

Last edited:
OldDan1943;920442 I wonder what the air draft is and does the mast fold down. We all should to be a bit concerned about that said:
No one is concerned about that where this boat is intended to be used.

Washington, Oregon, BC, and Alaska...

I wonder what the air draft is and does the mast fold down.
We all should to be a bit concerned about that, IMO

The pics on the linked page show shots with the mast down and the boat on a trailer.

I love Tad's designs. If I ever win the lottery, I'll own a Tad Roberts boat.

No one is concerned about that where this boat is intended to be used.

Washington, Oregon, BC, and Alaska...

why should we be concerned about where this boat is used? Its trailerable ,so It can be used pretty much anywhere....Paravanes and bits are just an unbolting operation..

If I had a large truck, I think this would be a perfect trailerable boat that just takes a bit of setup and take down effort on each end. I'd be smiling all the way if I was doing it.

We all make compromises to do what we love...sometimes it's a slip, sometimes an easy tow with a short range boat, and sometimes a tougher tow and setup reqts for wider waters. But in the end, it's all worth it, depending on your wants, habits, money and style.

I could very easily see me stepping down to a smaller boat like this just to escape the marina fees. Nowadays, some of our Kalifornia marinas are getting a little weird, if you know what I mean...

But, in the end, THANK GOD I HAVE A BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#thankgodihaveaboat

Last edited:
May I suggest, if that were a mid 40ft boat at a reasonable price, there would be fist fight on the dock, winner gets to buy the boat. SMILE

why should we be concerned about where this boat is used? Its trailerable ,so It can be used pretty much anywhere....Paravanes and bits are just an unbolting operation..
Old Dan mentioned that we should all be concerned. There aren't any bridges out here that limit navigation is all I'm saying.

On a trailer though, sure makes sense. :)

SOLD
A bit over 15K with 70 bids.
I do hope the new owner is super happy. (and no major surprises)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Mains...Fees-Reserve/264849864787?hash=item3daa483853

If you shop well. Add about $10K on top of that price. You can find similar boat that has been well cared for and that enables actual surveys before purchase.

$15K spent on a bet of boat condition is pretty risky business.

Wonder what %age "good" condition boats are given up to auction. I imagine about the same %age as "good" condition cars and trucks... 5%??

Back
Top Bottom