Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New Pacific Camas Wa. Work boat conversions always catch my eye. A quick search turned up a couple of interesting articles on her state of the art electrical system. Here 1150 AMP hour battery bank is charged in 1 1/2 hours.

That's a lot of amps. You can have some pretty impressive accidents with that quantity of amps.

Ted

Yup. That's a lot of smoke in those wires!

The system is probably engineered well enough to be safe initially. Ongoing maintenance and operation may well be a different story.
That's a lot of amps. You can have some pretty impressive accidents with that quantity of amps.

Ted

Ted

Read the article, it has 9 separate chargers, thus the ability to charge in 1.5 hours, quantity of amps is irrelevant when set up the proper way, in this instance 9 dedicated chargers to the bank.

Looks kinda familiar, eh Simi ? https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-for-sale/used/commercial-vessel/millkraft/233817
0_4.jpg

Read the article, it has 9 separate chargers, thus the ability to charge in 1.5 hours, quantity of amps is irrelevant when set up the proper way, in this instance 9 dedicated chargers to the bank.

I think that's what the Germans said regarding Hydrogen and the Hindenburg.

Ted

Defender built mostly commercial fishing boats in the 80's and early 90's. I believe they were built in South Fl somewhere. Irv or Parks Masterson may know more about them.

:eek::smitten:

If my plans hadn't changed. That hull shape is very similar to a Dutch Luxemotor. They are used to run ag products across the English channel in all types of weather.

Very interesting. That stern looks like it would be good in following sea right?

The galley is nice and big. Looks like a kitchen in a house.

Saw this beauty pass through Blind Bay the other day.

Attachments

• 533C1284-646A-4D33-9D48-318D3BB5FD5C.jpg
    533C1284-646A-4D33-9D48-318D3BB5FD5C.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 120
Very interesting. That stern looks like it would be good in following sea right?

The galley is nice and big. Looks like a kitchen in a house.

Yeah, they captains of the commercial vessels say they do well. I never read or had a chance to ask compared to what other type sterns. They are rollie as crazy in a beam sea. Some utilize bilge boards.

I would definitely need to have some paravanes on that boat. Shouldn’t be that hard to install on a seemingly robust steel boat.

If this could get through survey, market says there is room for updates....not bad just a bit dated...

If this could get through survey, market says there is room for updates....not bad just a bit dated...

"dated"? I'm dated too.
Let's hope she can pass the survey.
Heck of a boat for the money!!!

Last edited:
That Fisher looks like it would be hard to turn,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom