Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woolf, what were the major items that made you pass on the boat?

Regarding layout, most problematic was replacing the dining table in the salon (as per the original Vripack plan) with a huge bar. That in our experience only makes sense for dockside entertaining of larger groups, nor for extended cruising. There is a full bar on the sundeck anyway.

Technically, they had imported brand name equipment from the west. But in my experience, build quality of the installation is at least equally, perhaps even more important, than the purchased equipment itself. And we found that not to be to our expected standards.

I have quite a file on that boat - should you be seriously looking at it, please feel free to send me a private message.

Nice boat. Unusual keel design at the twin props. I'm surprised there was not a skeg extending to under the rudders. Thanks for the link!

Actually, this design has a center keel extending well below the rudders, and a full skeg in front of each prop. Very safe, typically Vripack, with highly efficient balanced rudders.

Attachments

• SC 2013.jpg
    SC 2013.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 94
Key word: was. Have you seen her now?

wow you guys are tough.. Dawn Wells (mary ann) is now 81
She has aged well compared to most!
HOLLYWOOD

Attachments

• Dawn-Wells-Net-Worth.jpg
    Dawn-Wells-Net-Worth.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 81
Actually, this design has a center keel extending well below the rudders, and a full skeg in front of each prop. Very safe, typically Vripack, with highly efficient balanced rudders.

That is a strong, safety minded design. Much different visual/view in this photo than what my eyes perceived from other photo. Thanks for showing this angle. :thumb:

wow you guys are tough.. Dawn Wells (mary ann) is now 81
She has aged well compared to most!
HOLLYWOOD

Seeing as Dawn is older than you [I think?] Can't call you a "Dirty Ol' Man" - LOL

And yes... Dawn Wells has aged "correctly"! She was always my favorite. :thumb:

Alas, the quality of the boat shows have really deteriorated if one has to worry about the security of their boat shoes.

Greetings,
Mr. OD. I know. Talk to Mr. HM about that.

Time to come up with a quick way of clipping them together with a sigh reading, "These are not your boat shoes." No doubt someone would thing that is such a neat idea, they would steal my shoes clips and sign too.

Last edited:
Are those 100 pound propane bottles? Inside?

In the Middle East our propane bottles were always inside our kitchens and buildings. One day a local restaurant blew up. My kids were shaken in their classroom a half mile away! That small shopping center took a couple of years to reopen after that. Also, the government outlawed steel propane tanks and mandated the fiberglass tanks which most of us were using already.

A few of us in our compound drilled holes in the concrete walls of our villas and fed the propane tubing outside, but most still kept them inside. Oh well

This got to be one of the ugliest boats ever. It was built to service the oil fields and converted to a LRC. The most interesting thing about it is it carries a dink and a pontoon boat. Is 10 GPH at 7 knots economical?

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1980/custom-long-range-expedition-trawler-3641836/

In use for "oil field" service I imagine 10 GPH at 7 knots is no worry at all!

To the owner of this conversion... it may pose somewhat of a cruise problem.
Doesn't look like it was built to go on long excursions.

That conversion appears to be a dock queen looking to sit quietly on her throne... forever!

Last edited:
Thanks Murray.
And she’s not overpowered w a 56hp Yanmar.

Murray / Eric - nice mid sized boat. I can't locate speed, fuel use rate, range... does it have gen set? Thanks, Art

YesArt one could reall go cruising w that.
I est. cruise speed of 6.3 to 6.5 knots. Max 7 to 7.25.
She’s prolly about 5hp per ton disp.
Dang these broker adds. No aft underbody pic.

Last edited:
Ya gotts ta luv... the really fairweather flying bridge!

Helps keep COG low!

Imagine...you're on the PRSS (pilothouse roof steering station) slowly picking your way through kelp and over rocks for a high tide entrance into some ringed by mountains lost in time BC lagoon...

It's a flat water option for sure.

Last edited:
Imagine...you're on the PRSS (pilothouse roof steering station) slowly picking your way through kelp and over rocks for a high tide entrance into some ringed by mountains lost in time BC lagoon...

:thumb::thumb::thumb: :D

That’s how I see flybridges generally.

Back
Top Bottom