Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At Beach Marine in JAX

16921-albums844-picture5242.jpg

Those are some giant windows in the area forward of the pilothouse.

White AT

When most of us see American Tugs (trawlers) they usually are non-white. Some beautiful ... some not so much.

Lately while walking to my boat on K float (in front of the AT facilities) I saw this virgin white AT. All the rest of the boat white too. I call it virgin white as she seemed so unblemished ... simply beautiful. No fly bridge or embellishments at all. All things beautiful and without embellishments expose the real entity for what it is. And as you can see here this American Tug is a very proper trawler that looks just right .... IMO

Attachments

• B01A2B7C-CCD5-4501-9410-EF7378B88981.jpg
    B01A2B7C-CCD5-4501-9410-EF7378B88981.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
When most of us see American Tugs (trawlers) they usually are non-white. Some beautiful ... some not so much.

Lately while walking to my boat on K float (in front of the AT facilities) I saw this virgin white AT. All the rest of the boat white too. I call it virgin white as she seemed so unblemished ... simply beautiful. No fly bridge or embellishments at all. All things beautiful and without embellishments expose the real entity for what it is. And as you can see here this American Tug is a very proper trawler that looks just right .... IMO

That is a really nice boat.

Hmmmm, maybe 'battle ship gray', all over? Difficult to see in the fog. SMILE

Hmmmm, maybe 'battle ship gray', all over? Difficult to see in the fog. SMILE

Fire engine red w/ pink top and yellow fenders hanging off for protection.

Gold-leaf name on stern w/ purple swim step and lavender dink on white davits

Would be one of a kind!! :facepalm: :rofl: :dance:

That Defever is an interesting boat. Single diesel is fantastic. A bit dated interior but it is 40 years old of course. It would be a nightmare to be watering 26 batteries, but luckily they are AGMs.

Did anyone notice the very cool crow's nest on top? I wonder what that big radar, mounted at "balls height" would do to the captain's manliness???

Not a bad value if can be had for 200k even.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 1.02.27 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 1.02.27 PM.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 77
Nice boat with lots of water and fuel capacity. Something about 3 heads and a 60 gallon holding tank that makes you wonder a little.

Ted

That Defever is an interesting boat. Single diesel is fantastic. A bit dated interior but it is 40 years old of course. It would be a nightmare to be watering 26 batteries, but luckily they are AGMs.

Did anyone notice the very cool crow's nest on top? I wonder what that big radar, mounted at "balls height" would do to the captain's manliness???

Not a bad value if can be had for 200k even.

its 60' and looks good but dated, has lots of recent stuff..teak decks removed too.. 249k looks like a steal
Hollywood

Yea Mako, The radar may settle some arguments about "shall we have children".
And it looks like he dosn't care what's behind him.
Boy those tents are sure ugly things.

I saw this one in person today. Lady Sandals, a 80's vintage Feadship, and one of many Gallant Ladies. Maybe not terribly interesting, and definitely not a trawler, but the fact that she was in Cleveland this morning is certainly unusual. Monaco Cleveland ain't.

She has aged rather better than I have since 1985, though.

Attachments

• Sandals.jpg
    Sandals.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 62
I saw this one in person today. Lady Sandals, a 80's vintage Feadship, and one of many Gallant Ladies. Maybe not terribly interesting, and definitely not a trawler, but the fact that she was in Cleveland this morning is certainly unusual. Monaco Cleveland ain't.

She has aged rather better than I have since 1985, though.

That is my kinda baby... if... only...!!!

They are trying to give this one away on eBay today:

1927 Kawaguchi 46' Wooden Trawler - Washington

Probably asking too much.

s-l1600.jpg

Here's another eBay jewel:

Boat Ehkoli ship great live a board palace on Ocean can travel the world

s-l1600.jpg

Agree, that is a beauty. I suffered over a Willard 40 Staysail catch for years, and this one is pretty close.

I like that Willard, but why two engines?

It’s close to me if anyone wants me to take a look.

I like that Willard, but why two engines?

It’s close to me if anyone wants me to take a look.

Yeah, I noticed that. With two 50’s, I think it could run quite easily on one. I don’t particularly like the props hanging out there though. No photos of the ER.

Also, lightened photo shows those props are pretty tight inboard, working with one rudder.

Attachments

• 03C36ECA-D240-44D4-BD69-6EE2DBADA995.jpeg
    03C36ECA-D240-44D4-BD69-6EE2DBADA995.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 83
Also, lightened photo shows those props are pretty tight inboard, working with one rudder.

Iszis the Willard TooCoys posted?
If I was to go w twins (and I would if I had the money) I’d do it exactly the same way. Engines tight in toward the keel. Vulnerability almost as low as a single. And absolutely no propwalk if they are CR.
Speaking of keels that’s not a Willard keel. Willard keels don’t have the cut-outs. It’s probably a Fales. Looks longer too .. perhaps a 38’?

Half trawler half motorsailer? Looks more like a trawler with masts to me. Either way a boat like this makes me consider questionable financial decisions.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1986/Seaton-Steel-Motorsailer-26m-2562616/Greece#.Vt7l-5wrJvE

She seems cheap for what she is. Checkbook open. Oh my.

It’s too bad she would clearly be so demanding. I could happily throw a small fortune away on something that looks that good. Too bad I don’t have one!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom