Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, here's a drool fest for you all.... stroll around this site for a while... PLENTY of not-so-run o' the mill stuff....

https://www.doevemakelaar.nl/en/

And before you get any ideas, unless it's coming on it's own bottom it's $$$$ to get it here. Trust me, I do the math every day.

Just placed my order. She'll be here in three months. Boats shipping boats. :rofl:

I kid I kid. There is a lot of interesting floating vessels around UK, EU, and the surrounding areas.

Some of them cause this look.
huh.gif

giphy.gif

OK, here's a drool fest for you all.... stroll around this site for a while... PLENTY of not-so-run o' the mill stuff....

https://www.doevemakelaar.nl/en/

And before you get any ideas, unless it's coming on it's own bottom it's $$$$ to get it here. Trust me, I do the math every day.

I'd love an old dutch barge. I just love the look of those things, and it would be fun to have your own little ship.

I think the owner (TD Vinnette boat) or a past owner was a TF member. I think I remember when he was buying it. Nice davit setup,not so nice swim platform. Swim platform looks like wood construction to me.

Last edited:
I'd love an old dutch barge. I just love the look of those things, and it would be fun to have your own little ship.

I’ve been in Amsterdam this week and it’s been a bit overwhelming for this trawler fanatic.

So. Many. Salty. Boats.

Ran across this Willard 30 in Petersburg in July. Looks showroom fresh! Amazingly, the owners were neighbors of mine in Alaska.
I think maybe a member here bshillam used to own this boat

Airstream wrote;
“So Many Salty Boats”
Any pics?

Okay, how much to ship it across to the US and what the price in US $?

Okay, how much to ship it across to the US and what the price in US $?

(Roughly), 35K to East Coast and 70K to West Coast for shipping.

Most of these boats are quoted in Euros on (non Yachtworld) broker sites but quoted in US dollars on Yachtworld. In the last three years they have essentially gotten 20% cheaper as the Euro has fallen from 1.35US/Euro to around 1.15US/Euro. These things seem like very good values to me.

(Roughly), 35K to East Coast and 70K to West Coast for shipping.

Most of these boats are quoted in Euros on (non Yachtworld) broker sites but quoted in US dollars on Yachtworld. In the last three years they have essentially gotten 20% cheaper as the Euro has fallen from 1.35US/Euro to around 1.15US/Euro. These things seem like very good values to me.

Hmmmm, I wonder how many boat I can buy and ship to the US and then sell at a profit.... Not a big profit, just enough to provide me a good selection for me to choose my next boat, selling the other, not at a loss.

Hmmmm, I wonder how many boat I can buy and ship to the US and then sell at a profit.... Not a big profit, just enough to provide me a good selection for me to choose my next boat, selling the other, not at a loss.

Complicated for sure...

For some!

Beautiful spacious interior and nice exterior. Bow wave is simply too much... they just pushing her hard in those photos? Bad show n' tell for sales ad - IMO. That much bow wave and it seems to me "sipping" fuel could turn into a guzzle. Inflatable dink... flotation for the boat in emergency? Didn't see how to get dink out of that storage placement area??

Art, The fuel burn number of over 2 gallons tells me the owner always pushes the boat hard from the standpoint that historically, hull speed with this Gardner should be in the neighborhood of 1.5 gallons. Maybe folks knowledgeable on the six cyl. Gardner will confirm or conclude. Nice boat, doesn't need to be driven that hard if it were mine to control.

Art, The fuel burn number of over 2 gallons tells me the owner always pushes the boat hard from the standpoint that historically, hull speed with this Gardner should be in the neighborhood of 1.5 gallons. Maybe folks knowledgeable on the six cyl. Gardner will confirm or conclude. Nice boat, doesn't need to be driven that hard if it were mine to control.

My friends Gardner 6 runs at 1 gallon a hour @800rpm and 5 gallons a hour @ 1400rpm ?? He says 1.5 at WOT is #$%&

She started at at $250000 years ago.... Unless your search criteria included that price range in a single screw vsl, you missed it. I know your relatively new on the forum , so may have not put those search parameters in YW search?
Don't get me wrong, its a really nice boat but a hard sell for fiberglass over wood vsl. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if it fit my criteria, just think its overpriced and broker and owner are fishing for a buyer..

To add to Dan's inquiry.

I would also be interested in knowing what kind of hoops one would have to jump through to get a Euro boat reg'd and insured inthe US. I know a lot of electrical would need to be changed over to 110 volts from 220. That's the easy part for me though. The legalities is where I would hang myself.

Back
Top Bottom