Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found this most beautiful boat ever on FB posted by a man from Australia. Not everyone will agree but I post as there are some that will need to see this as I have.

attachment.php

That looks like one of Michael (Mik) Storer's designs for river cruising on skinny money.

Here's another oil field support boat conversion. Used to be kept in Bay St.Louis,MS; haven't seen it there in a while. Same idea as the prior, but an 82' with a 26' beam. The forward, deck level house (behind the forward door and the plate glass window) is a full width upscale bar & lounge.

Chatted with the owner - limited use as a coastal with friends/family. Mostly used as mother ship in the Biloxi Marsh for hunting and fishing expeditions. The owner knows how to handle her - saw him park it like a Prius a couple of times with significant crosswind.

Found this on line: M/V Zoric Too Custom steel coastal cruiser Length 82', Beam 26' Draft 4.5'. email:Louis@lmfjr.com

Attachments

• Zoric Too 2.jpg
    Zoric Too 2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 139
  • Zoric Too.jpg
    Zoric Too.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 166
What the heck is this?

Spotted by my husband, Dan, in very shallow (3-5 ft) water off of Vinoy Park in St. Petersburg this morning. He took the photos. He thinks the pontoon boat rafted up to her is about 18 feet.

Dan wondered if she was aground.

What is it?

Attachments

• IMG_20180726_075844672_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180726_075844672_HDR.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20180726_080029485.jpg
    IMG_20180726_080029485.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20180726_080047270_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180726_080047270_HDR.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20180726_080051363.jpg
    IMG_20180726_080051363.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20180726_080108808.jpg
    IMG_20180726_080108808.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20180726_080249721.jpg
    IMG_20180726_080249721.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20180726_080319523.jpg
    IMG_20180726_080319523.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20180726_080322923.jpg
    IMG_20180726_080322923.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 131
Spotted by my husband, Dan, in very shallow (3-5 ft) water off of Vinoy Park in St. Petersburg this morning. He took the photos. He thinks the pontoon boat rafted up to her is about 18 feet.

What is it?

Either aground or out of trim [balance] with too much weight on port side. May have sprung a leak and come to shallow water so once on bottom no further emersion would occur before reparative actions take place???

:popcorn:

What is it?

Houseboat based on a steel barge. Flat bottom probably about 18” draft. Looks like it has four mooring spuds (steel columns that are dropped in the mud to hold it in place). Don’t know if they are in use here. He is showing an anchor light and it looks like a mooring ball under his bow.

It’s got a pretty stylish house on it.

Houseboat based on a steel barge. Flat bottom probably about 18” draft. Looks like it has four mooring spuds (steel columns that are dropped in the mud to hold it in place). Don’t know if they are in use here. He is showing an anchor light and it looks like a mooring ball under his bow.

It’s got a pretty stylish house on it.
bingo :thumb:

This one was for sale by "offer" with a basic price at 25000€ ...nobody made offer .
After that she was for sale for the "best offer".
Interesting boat.
But the former fish hold was transformed in cabin ...and burn.
I was very near to made an offer but my wife said NO !!:nonono::eek:

Attachments

• 2245.jpg
    2245.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Trawler5.JPG
    Trawler5.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 514
  • Trawler4.JPG
    Trawler4.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 507
  • T44.JPG
    T44.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
This one was for sale by "offer" with a basic price at 25000€ ...nobody made offer .
After that she was for sale for the "best offer".
Interesting boat.
But the former fish hold was transformed in cabin ...and burn.
I was very near to made an offer but my wife said NO !!:nonono::eek:

What were you thinking?

I'm surprised she didn't smack up-side the head and a cross your nose with a rolled up newspaper, shouting, 'bad dog' and put you outside.

Last edited:
What were you thinking?

I'm surprised she didn't smack up-side the head and a cross your nose with a rolled up newspaper, shouting, 'bad dog' and put you outside.

:)

She is not so aggressive , she don't hurt me ...just put a gun on my face and said : "try":eek::whistling:

Now this is an interesting boat. The captain told me it is heading for the TF SE Gathering. I fell and I can't get up!!

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 167
For the young!

Attachments

• 55 Gallon drum Barge.jpg
    55 Gallon drum Barge.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 173
Arctic Charm; originally a dragger from Oregon, now a substantial owner converted yacht out of Nanaimo, BC.

Knew eagle eyed Eric would notice the anchor in the first photo, so included a close up of the "mud scoops" welded to the horizontal bar.

Attachments

• DSCF0734.jpg
    DSCF0734.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF0729.jpg
    DSCF0729.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 118
variable beam catamaran: Not enough clearance underneath to prevent slamming in heavy weather. No real use of space in the amas (hulls) and as Art says, too many moving parts to last long. Cute, perhaps cool but not for long.

Last edited:
Arctic Charm; originally a dragger from Oregon, now a substantial owner converted yacht out of Nanaimo, BC.

Knew eagle eyed Eric would notice the anchor in the first photo, so included a close up of the "mud scoops" welded to the horizontal bar.

Murray,
Indeed I’ve thought of that before but w “V” shaped auxiliary flukes. But this guy knew the concave shape is better and went to the trouble to provide it. The stock on these types of anchors (all Danforths included) become submerged to some extent especially in soft bottoms. Couldn’t help but add to the drag that would (to some degree) add to holding power. On a reversal these aux flukes could go a long way toward keeping the stock flat and that could be a big plus.

The question of course is would just making the flukes bigger be better. In this case yes because the deeply submerged main fluke has a tremendous advantage by being well submerged. But if the penetration of the main flukes was limited by the auxillary flukes tacked on the stock they probably wouldn’t be an advantage. But the auxillary flukes may prevent (to some degree) more penetration of the main flukes and of course that would probably be somewhat of a overall loss.

Not many anchor modders out there so I’m always pleased to thrilled to encounter one. And to think of the pos and negs of it.

My modded Claw on my bow at the marina hasn’t resulted in any comments at all. And I was kinda dreading halving to explain too many times. I wonder how many realize it started life as a Claw. Before it worked well too. And of course now it may to probably won’t. I don’t think much of gambling but here I am doing it. Thanks for think’in of me Murray.

Edit;
Many of the home grown BC Canadian Northill anchors use a piece of channel for the stock so it will perform like it’s got “mud scoops” by the shape of the channel. And the channel is much stronger. HaHa but the mud scoops look more sophisticated.

Last edited:

You devil!! You knew he would bite and so he did. One is to learn something about anchors once you put your quarter into the slot!! Good response with great detail. I always enjoy Eric. Thanks Murray- your timing is sweet!:angel:

Back
Top Bottom